“A waffle place with no waffle batter?!”

Happily Ever After Dessert Cafe
Ranked #21 of 106 Dessert in Philadelphia
Reviewed 27 March 2017

9:30 on a Saturday night. After movie, looking for good dessert, and around the corner there's this supposedly cute little spot for waffles and ice cream. BUT, says the kid behind the counter, "Gee, we're out of waffle batter." What?! Ever hear of grocery store, or managing stock, or planning ahead, or going across the street to the grocery section a giant CVS or the 7-11 next door for a box of batter? After all, waffles are a main item on the menu and it's date night and and and...so, not likely to bring us back in another time. Next time will they tell us, "Gee, we're out of ice cream?"

Reviewed 25 March 2017

If you want to do fresh ice cream or freshly made smoothies with fresh ingredients, you must come to happy hour desserts. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Had to have frozen yogurt and place across the street with bigger sign was closed so we luckily saw their small sign and crossed the street. Friendly staff and happy decor for all ages. My friends came along and didn't plan to eat frozen yogurt, but since we could sample the self serve yogurt they realized how good it was! Dark chocolate with a dash of Nutella flavor was an outstanding combo - yum! Lots of toppings to choose from and pay by the weight. Get a cheesesteak in the same block and come here for dessert! You won't regret it.

Reviewed 27 December 2016

This place is decorated very cutely! Lots of movie theme items. The staff here is extremely friendly.

I have been coming here a lot more recently because I have to fulfill my new addiction to acai bowls. For about $9, you can get a good size acai bowl with strawberry, blueberry, banana and granola toppings.

The fruit, Nutella and chocolate waffle is also a great choice.

For something fun, try the dragon's breath. That's the liquid nitrogen dessert. You must read the warnings before paying. The little puff balls taste kind of like cheese puffs. It comes with two dipping sauces - some kind of chocolate and I think condensed milk. Both is good and it's a fun dessert to try.
Tip: to get the smoke to come out of your nose, chew with your mouth closed!

Reviewed 27 October 2016

We all loved this shop - the sign on the sidewalk advertising the liquid nitrogen ice cream is what brought us in the door. Inside, the shop was cool décor - pillows on the benches, interesting movie-themed pictures and knickknacks everywhere. My little daughter enjoyed making her own froyo sundae, my teen had a mug of snacks that were frozen with liquid nitrogen, called "Dragon's Breath". She had fun breathing out the coldness from the snacks, looking like dragon's breath! And they were yummy and fun to eat. I do not know much about Harry Potter, except that Butter Beer is something they drink, and this is the first place we've seen it on the menu and so my daughter had to try it. She gave me a sip, and it was sooooo delicious! I would describe it as a buttery caramel cream soda. There are also cookies and baked snacks to choose from the case. One of our favorite stops, and definetly one of the most unique!