Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia South at The Navy Yard
US$234
US$263
US$208
  • Restaurant
All reviewswells fargo centersports complexlincoln financial fieldlo spiedourban outfittersxfinity liveminute walkcitizens bank parksporting eventsphilly sportshotel was extremely cleanmarriott courtyardnewer hotelhockey gamesecurity guardwithin walking distancebroad street
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Check your bill carefully before you leave. Someone charged over $42 worth of food and drinks to my room. I was in a hurry when I checked out and didn't notice the charges. I called that afternoon and was told a manager would call me back. Never received a call. I called again yesterday and was told the same thing. Again, no call back. So my advice to anyone staying at this hotel is apparently it's OK to buy whatever you want and charge it to someone else's room. You are guaranteed to get away with it because the management doesn't care.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Robert_V44
Derek B, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia South at The Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

I couldn’t agree with you more. We did a very poor job in handling your issue and we have discussed with the team what we need to do in the future to prevent this from happening and how to resolve it. I know that we have been in touch with you directly to resolve the issues.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This new hotel was clean, the staff nice and it's a great alternative to staying in dingy Pennsauken for crew races. A very short trip over the Walt Whitman bridge to the races. Very safe area and easy access to 95.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Bishopspond
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Had it not been for Sears this review would have been totally different, thank him because he saved Marriott. I spent 45 minutes in a taxi riding around a defunct naval base at 1 in the morning because someone at the gate was giving wrong directions. We discovered good places to dispose of a body while we were out on this UNNECESSARY joy ride. By the time we discovered the Marrriott with no sign out front, the driver pretty much threw my bags and me out onto the curb and burned rubber. As soon as I walked through the door Sears read my face and we both just stood there in a stare down with large eyes..And then I said "What in the hell is going on here?" and we both just died laughing. I needed it, he saved my weekend. Sears was very polite, apologetic, and a true gentlemen. We laughed and joked for another half hour while he was checking me into my room, it was great you had to be there. This hotel is new, clean and fresh...for now. The rooms are stylish, clean and up to date. That Sealy king mattress saw lots of action, it was like sleeping on a cloud. The bathroom is small, but cute and functional..All the amenities you may need are provided, I had no complaints...But as someone who travels regularly I must say this to management.**You need to step your game up and stay on top of this hotel because it can and will soon become a "typical airport hotel", and that's what you don't want, there are already enough of those**. Yes, I will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the fourth floor, even facing the parking lot that floor is quiet. Ask for a king room, corner. Nice and spacious.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank RoSella O
Derek B, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia South at The Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

It was great to hear that Sears was able to save the day! We will continue to work to educate our local Taxi Cab companies about our location.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We arrived today and love our room. The room decor is really refreshing. The beds are comfortable and everything's very clean and modern. Paul Mitchell shampoo in a spacious bathroom! Lobby is pretty too and has a Starbucks. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the 5 Star review. We are all very happy to be here live to provide great experiences for all of our guests. Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This hotel is only a few months old so everything is fresh and new!!! We have stayed in many Marriott hotels and this is certainly one of the nicest. The rooms and baths are very nice and extremely clean. The restauarnt is somewhat limited in its menu, but the food is good. The staff here was great, but the management needs to be more proactive. For instance, the restaurant closes at 2 PM and re-opens at 5 PM. On the day we arrived, many guests had flown in from all over the country, arriving around 2-3 pm with no food available. Management should have known that these guests would be coming for the Frozen Four at the Wells Fargo Center, checking in mid afternoon. If you are attending a sporting event this is a great place as it's a 10-15 minute walk to the Center. Beware, there are no stores or restaurants in walking distance and downtown parking is a nightmare.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you reviewing us. We appreciate your feedback and it will help us get even better for the future. The Navy Yard is planning to have more services added to the area in the near future. We look forward to others opening in The Navy Yard to give you more choices of places to dine.