“Almost Ruined My Proposal”

76 Carriage Company
Ranked #29 of 76 Tours in Philadelphia
Clementon, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Almost Ruined My Proposal”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I would emphatically advise anyone from relying on this company. I had booked a carriage ride for my proposal with a representative named Eleanor. Initially, she seemed really excited to be a part of it and sold her company's services professionally. However, that was short-lived.

48 hours before my big day, I realized it was going to be freezing on the day of the scheduled ride so I called Eleanor to make sure the plans were still on. She initially said she would have to wait and see how it is on the day of. Then she explained to me that if it were below a certain temperature, the city would make them cancel the rides. A quick check of the weather on the internet said it was going to be well below the minimum temperature which meant she was willing to cancel on me last minute.

I then asked her for some sort of replacement for the carriage and she immediately adopted an attitude regarding my request. She must have asked "what would you like me to do?" at least three times as if it was my job to fulfill her duties. She also pointed out that the cancellation policy was in the contract (which it was).

Naturally irate, I asked her to figure it out and she said she will contact "her guy" and "try" and get me a limo. A couple of hours later, she gets back to me with a quote for a limo that is exactly was offered directly to me when I called and was more than that limo company's competitors.

The idea of a carriage ride is nice but this company and Eleanor lack the professionalism and reliability necessary to make it a good experience. They don't understand that the customer should be taken care of. Had it not been for me making the call, I highly doubt I would have had any notice that they were canceling on me; they would have left me high and dry and quite possibly ruined the entire proposal. I would never, ever deal with these characters again and would forewarn anybody thinking about it.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank acharyainc

Hagerstown, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great tour”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We had a November tour with John, and Billy the horse. We bought the one hour tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great way to see the city and get away from the crowds on the street.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Wickedqueen64
NJ
116 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“A fall Saturday carriage tour”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My wife and I recently spent a Saturday with our young grand daughters in Philadelphia. We rode the train into the city from New Jersey. We decided to try the carriage tour as my oldest grand daughter loves animals. We took a tour for twenty minutes and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The drver was very nice and informative about the sites that we passed. He made a special effort to pose the horse for pictures with the girls, which they really enjoyed.

1 Thank jmacch
Owasso, Oklahoma
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“"Great Tours"”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We used the Big Bus company tour. Everyone was very proffesional. They pick you up at your hotel and take you to the first stop. They were running behind one of the days, and the owner himself came to pick us up! The tour guides were great. Will definitley use next time we visit Philly!

2 Thank jordant22780
Dallas, Texas
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Best Way To See Philly”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The best way to start off a look around Philly!! Do the one hour tour as it will give you a layout of the city, then you can decide which areas to go back to tour more thoroughly. Kim was our guide and she was EXCELLENT!! Loved the horse called Wayne!! Thanks for making our tour of the city great during the government shutdown Kim!!

4 Thank M S