“a local attraction”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Walnut Lane Golf Club
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Golf history here in Philadelphia. A short, challenging and interesting layout, reasonably well maintained, at least until the heat of August beats it down. Greens are almost always in good shape, even then. Some staff are friendly, some are less so. Not expensive. Worth visiting, which I do many times per year.

3  Thank Joel W

Reviewed 22 July 2013

First the good news. Even though this is a quite short tract, it is deliciously devious.
A Findlay course carved out of the Wissahickon Woods. Hills, valleys, crests, mounds abound. I could imagine it being a fun place to work on some things.
HOWEVER,
Never in my life have I seen such a poorly maintained course. To call it a crap heap is to insult real crap heaps.
The greens are a mixture of dried/burned or decent, but the fairways are the worst I have ever seen.
There isn't grass, there are weeks and dirt. To find a decent lie, I almost considered moving off the fairway to the rough. Add the requisite broken glass and horrific tee boxes and you have a very sad, sad gold course.
It wasn't always this way, and that is a shame.
If I were to hear that they spent $20 this entire summer on maintenance, I would likely think they are lying.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Yer It was a place I had to try and one hole was a Challenge other than that get a discount tee time book to play and it will be enjoyable. Nice staff. And the ranger does not like slow players and I agree. Pick up and go if you are a slow player.

Jerry ehrlich from the great city of philadelphia

2  Thank Jerry E