“Love the LOVE Sculpture!”
Review of Love Park

Love Park
Ranked #89 of 427 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Also known as the JFK Plaza, Love Park is home to the iconic LOVE sculpture and is a resting spot atop the bustling Ben Franklin Parkway.
Reviewed 22 August 2018

I'm not sure what everyone else is expecting. I just wanted to see the LOVE sculpture and I was duly rewarded. From what our guide said, the park has been under renovation for the last year or two, so maybe that's why people have been so disappointed. As of August 2018, it's almost complete. All they have left to finish is the round building.

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"statues"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 22 August 2018

We took a leisurely stroll through Philly and walked through this park, very clean and wow, the views were great.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Can't Lie I was expecting more!!! The fountain was not operating when we were there. So maybe that took away from the view. It was nice to see down to the Rocky Steps. But hard to pull into a picture. Need to work some photo magic to remove people in the background of your photos.
Def stop by while walking around city!!

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We were disappointed that the fountain wasn't on during one of the hottest days in July! We were happy to snap a few pictures in front of the LOVE sign. There were about 6 people ahead of us in line but it goes quickly. The hop on hop off bus stop is at the corner near Pennsylvania station. Glad we stopped here!

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 August 2018

I always wanted to see the park I've seen in print and media. It is nice and good for some photos, but this visit underwhelmed me. There was a dry fountain area. It was hot and sunny and I'm not sure why there wasn't any water. There are tables and chairs and I was thankful for some shade from the umbrella at the table. I got my LOVE sculpture photo, for which you'll probably wait in line. But most folks are happy to take your picture and you'll take theirs. The skyline has some great photo ops, too, as does the area across JFK Blvd with huge board game pieces and other sculptures.
For my chance to get my photo, I give it an excellent rating, but only average for the overall park.