“Great night out”
Review of Helium Comedy Club

Helium Comedy Club
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Helium has great staff, 2 bars, great drinks. The comedians, local and celebs were excellent. Get preferred seating to be closer to the stage but all the seats seemed good. The table were a little small especially if you have more than 2 people. I didn't have food but others around me seemed to have enjoyed it. Location is easy to get too and right next to a parking garage.

2  Thank MichaelP99

Reviewed 31 October 2013

My wife and I did a long weekend getaway to Philly and went to the Helium Comedy club. We had a great time the comedian Sebastian Maniscalco, was hilarious. LOVED Loved Loved his show. The location had some good points and some bad points. First the web site was a bit difficult to use but with a little work I was able to reserve two tickets ahead of time for the date and time we wanted. The night we were there was a weekend and this guy was a special booking so we definitely needed reservations. I don’t know if this would be the case on a regular night. The place is on a small side street between 20th and 21st between Chestnut and Market. The area was a bit scary after the show at 12:00 Midnight so I would recommend being in a group. The inside of the venue is OK but nothing fancy. In fact this place really could use an update and a cleaning. When we got there the prior show was letting out and the place was PACKED to the gills. I was concerned that it was a fire trap and found myself looking for where the exits were and planning our escape…just in case. Once the earlier show got out things calmed down a lot. They really have to address this crowding during change of shows it is dangerous. Once seated our server was great and hustled to get the drinks and food. I can’t speak to the food as we had eaten already so just had drinks. I was very happy with the service, and the drinks were priced fairly. NOT cheap but not a rip off either.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Been several times and Ive heard several comics on their podcasts mention Helium in Philly to be a fav place to perform. Overall, highly recommend with little to complain of. The parking garage is literally next door - drop off keys at parking entrance and can be inside club within 2 minutes. The staff has always been friendly and courteous. The inside waiting area is tough - very small and always elbow to elbow packed before doors open to seating as a group area, thinkj would be better if was set up like a line but they serve drinks beforehand so its set up like a bar which causes packed crowding in front of door to enter stage area. STILL this is temporary while the room inside is much better yet still small enough to provide a cozy atmosphere. Lucky to have top comics perform here regularly. Not a drinker and while nice that they brew their iced tea, it has a offtaste 'bite' that usually accompanies fresh brewed ice tea. Their individual pizzas are surprisingly good and filling while didn't like the roast beef Panini although they've other paninis that may be better. The staff and performers clearly try to make sure audience enjoys themselves and always has been a fun crowd when Ive gone. Several late night places to eat afterwards nearby outside too

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Went here with my wife. Nice size club. Good layout. Seating was not too crammed together like some comedy clubs. MC was OK. First act was from Phili. He was great. Headliner was just OK, but that is a matter of taste. We were able to park for free (after 10:00 pm) on street, one block away on a Friday night. $20 entry fee was OK. Two drink (and/or food) minimum. I hate that, but it is standard. You can get a beer for $6. Typical. Service was better than most comedy clubs I have been to.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I haven't been to a comedy club since the late 80s so I really wasn't sure what to expect. I think the main thing that makes a trip to one amazing is the talent, the rest is just infrastructure. The staff are friendly, the wait staff really work hard to keep the drinks flowing during the show. The seating is tight, though not cramped. We had a private party before hand with foods like sandwich paninis, pizza, dip, chips and salsa - it's of a quality that really sets the tone for the evening (laughable) - so eat first, but drink up and have a good time.