“Their childrens programs are very well done”

Arden Theatre Company
Double-Decker Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Tour of Philadelphia
Wilmington, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Their childrens programs are very well done”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Arden does some of the best children's theater in my opinion. The plays are family friendly and very creative. They do a Q&A after the performance so kids can ask how things were done. The actors also mingle in the lobby after the show so kids can meet them. First class!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“My best pick in Philly theatre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Been going to the Arden over the years. Have never seen a bad presentation. I like their versatility & subjects that are out of the box. Most recently water by the spoonful was thought provoking. Years ago I was so enthralled by the grapes of wrath presentation that I had to giggle when I realized I was mesmerized by actors holding flashlights, seated on milk crates to successfully create the illusion of riding on a truck. How about the Lindbergh kidnapping as a musical?
Creativity reigns. Marvelous acting reigns. Kudos. Go there. Take a chance on mystery season tickets. Live some!

Visited February 2014
Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Intimate theatre - check last minute for tickets”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

In January 2014 we purchased tickets for Water by the Spoonful. It was a great play to see while visiting Philadelphia, because it has connections to the city. The theatre is intimate. We were almost in the very back but felt none the worse for it.

I will point out that the play was sold out. That is to say, that I tried to get tickets ahead of time and the online ticketing system as well as the box office informed me that no more seats were available. However, the lady at the box office mentioned that sometimes seats open up as the day gets closer and subscribers change their date or show. So we checked the night before, and indeed four seats had opened up.

The play, by the way, was excellent. Thought-provoking and well-staged. The acting was very good, though some were excellent and others mediocre. All round we felt that we had seen a very worthwhile play staged and acted very well. Expect the first act to leave you with question marks. It all pulls together in the second act.

Visited January 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Interesting alternative for live performances!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

The Arden is a small theater that produces excellent plays but sometimes their choices are not in sync with what I would want to view. I loved the last two performances but did not like the choices last season. So it depends on what is playing when you are in town! It is an inexpensive and intersting alternative if you love live theater! I would suggest that you give it a try! It is also located near wonderful restaurants that you can sample for lunch or dinner. Enjoy!

michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Venue for kids.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Every seat is a good seat! The staff was helpful and told me about a coupon code that saved me 50%. Location is easy to reach.