“Great value, excellent food”
Review of Twenty Manning

Twenty Manning
Ranked #23 of 253 Nightlife in Philadelphia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We've tried the best spicy calamari we ever had! Tuna burger and wild scotish salmon were excellent too. Service was very good,we were seat by the window, make sure to make a reservation ahead, because at 7 PM it was crowded and noise level was loud. My husband and I had a very pleasant dinner.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

My wife and I went with some friends for dinner. Had drinks at the bar while waiting for our table. They had a good selection with good quality wines. I had the scallops with spinach, which was excellent. My wife and one friend had the beef noodles, which my wife did not like. My other friend had a large pork chop which he said was delicious. Wait staff was very good.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Our family had dinner here at the time our granddaughter graduated from the University of Pennsylvania. Wide variety of choices on the menu. The food was excellent: delicious and beautifully presented. The main problem was that the restaurant was so crowded and the noise level so loud that we could not carry on a conversation without shouting at each other. Even our granddaughter was hoarse by the end of the evening.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

I had an excellent meal here with my husband for my birthday. We were seat within 2 minutes of arriving for our reservations. I didn't find the atmosphere too loud but we were seated at a small table close to each other. I found out the week prior that I was pregnant so I was very pleased to see they had a non-alcoholic beer (Kaliber?) that wasn't gross.

I had the short ribs and my husband had the sirloin noodles. I found the prices astonishingly reasonable. I assumed my short ribs at $20 would not come with any sides and I would have to order a starch and veg. I was wrong. Really good value. The server was professional and prompt without overdoing it. She also gave us convincing recommendations. My husband and I like when we ask for a recommendation and a server gives us an unwavering affirmative answer. We both really enjoyed our meals.

There wasn't anything particular unique about this place. It was just a great solid meal and dining experience. This is a great place to take someone who wants to try a new restaurant but may not be very adventurous or who gets turned off by trendy new places.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Others have raved about this restaurant. Our experience did not match what others experienced. The service was fine but the noise level was so loud it was difficult to carry on any kind of conversation. My husband had the burger and fries. The burger was mediocre and was overshadowed by the enormous mound of fries. I has the mushroom filled ravioli. It was so hard and overlooked that it was difficult to even cut with a fork. I should have sent it back but did not want to stay in the restaurant any longer than necessary. The whole experience was a disappointment.