“Great food and drink”

Add it.
Irish Pub
Ranked #50 of 253 Nightlife in Philadelphia
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Probably the best irish pub ive been to yet! A dreat drink variety and also great food! I would highly recommend!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Dropped in for happy hour yesterday. Good beer. We had some southwest egg rolls that were good. The bar tender changed the channel to let us watch the US Open. Service was great. We sat under an air conditioner pipe that was dripping condensation onto our table in the bar area. We moved the table.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Food was good and the hostesses were friendly. Liked the atmosphere and enjoyed admiring the old building's architecture. The prices were reasonable. It was fairly loud but we sat away from the bar so it wasn't that bad. Would recommend.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

We came here one night after dinner for a couple of drinks. We had a rather large group of 12 people and the staff at the pub sat us in the back, near the kitchen. We had a booth and were able to stand in the aisles, so it did not feel too crowded. The actual bar area as MOBBED, as was the hallway coming into the bar.

The floor is tiled, including the steps, which means "slippery when wet." The sober person in our party actually slipped down the steps which were very slippery. I did not get to see the full beer list, but I had been craving a nice Guinness (since it was an Irish bar). Unfortunately, they did not have Guinness, instead they had O'haras Irish Stout. Eh... not the same as Guinness.

I don't like this loud or crowded of a bar scene, so I most likely would not come back unless it was for a quick drink on my way to, or home from dinner. Otherwise, I think there are much quieter, nicer places to visit.

Our waitress was very friendly and kept the drinks filled.

I later found out it was Army/Navy weekend, so that could have been why the bar was a bit rowdy. Not sure how it would be on a "normal" weekend. There was also a $2 cover, which I did not expect at a bar.

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We originally just went in for a drink - to sit at the bar. It was our first nite in town so didn't really know where to go to eat. The food coming thru looked ok so we asked for a table. There was a few diners but there was a good few empty tables. The server took our order quite quickly and gave us a drink but trying to get her attention again was almost impossible. When she brought the food we managed to ask for a cocktail.. We'd asked for water with our meal and the cocktail came but still no water. After asking for it 3 times - I went to the bar - she didn't look too happy - but my water came eventually. I asked about the sauce I'd asked for when my meal arrived - she disappeared and about 5 mins later a bottle of vinegar was banged down on the table.

I went to her again - she didn't know what sauce was - I gave up

I had a chicken burger - you can't really go wrong there but my partner had fish - it wasn't fresh and was out of a freezer - he didn't really enjoy it

We gave up trying to get another drink or a pudding......the bill came fast though!

We tipped - although we shouldn't have left as much as we did

Would I visit again - maybe for a drink - but not for food