“Don't do it!”
Review of 4 Fathers - CLOSED

4 Fathers
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

First time here and if you have read any of my reviews I'm not critical at all.
For a drink I asked for a Segrams VO and ginger ale. The only serve Royal Crown. So I ordered a Royal Crown and ginger. I got one shot of Crown mixed in a point of ginger ale. "Hey where's the crown?"
Then I ordered a Burger with beacon tomato and chedder, medium.
It came raw with no beacon.
I said it's raw can you ask the cook to do it a little more. While I was waiting the bartender came out with a fish of beacon and said the cook realized when she took it back that he forgot it. So here is the beacon your burger will be right out.
For minutes later a new burger came out....raw. I said never mind I'll do with out lunch today and asked for my bill.
It could be a great place but forget it for now.

2  Thank bandidito

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We received a ticket for a free beer at a ghost tour and of course, wanted to try a Philly Cheesesteak. I think I would have been better off to pay for my beer and go someplace else. It took about 10 minutes for the waitress to come to us and she said they were out of ice tea. So my husband ordered a pop, I ordered beer. Several minutes later, I got my beer, he was waiting on his pop. Finally we ordered and it went downhill from there. After about 45 minutes, the waitress came and said the food order was wrong and said we could get a discount. I didn't sweat it, I'm on vacation. After another 20 minutes, we received our food (we ordered salad instead of fries, but were so hungry after waiting close to an hour, we just ate our sandwich. After eating, we got the bill and although the menu said the cheesesteaks were $10, the bill was for $13 each. I mentioned it to the waitress and she took my bill, saying the machine was messed up (I hope everyone checks their bill, it would have cost us $6). I liked my cheesesteak, but my husband wasn't impressed. My advice? Do away with the Karokee and focus on service first. I don't think the waitress had control of what happened, but someone is dropping the ball here.

1  Thank spillersm
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great location at 3rd and Market across from the Benjamin Franklin Post Office. Plenty of outdoor seating and a very large indoor bar area. The menu is fairly varied. I had the fish and chips and the portion was so generous I couldn't finish the last filet. Our server was decent, but wasn't informed on the specials and the wait for the food took longer than usual. All in all, good, but not great. Fine for a lunch place or drinks. 13 beers in bottle but unfortunately they were out of Miller Lite. Not sure how this happens a weekend before their biggest holiday celebration, but there it is.

1  Thank Depplep
Reviewed 6 July 2014

After stopping by the visitors centre we headed here for some refreshments and time to plan our trip. Great service, great food and the boys got to watch the World Cup. A great welcome to a lovely city.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Been there an evening at the end of March, I had a fantastic Cheesesteak (but it was the first I had in Philly so I can't say if it's the #1), 4 great beers (IPA from Delaware, don't remember the name), a very funny karaoke-night. The guys behind the bar was very nice and funny. In the end, when I'll be back in Philly I will have my first night here, definitely!