“Wanna be pampered in Philly?”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Philadelphia
1024 Clinton Street Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 25 Philadelphia B&B and Inns
Long Island N Y
“Wanna be pampered in Philly?”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

If you don't want to be pampered in Philly, by all means don't treat yourself to a visit to 1024 Clinton. Our hostess, Kathy, would never be able to be anything but gracious and helpful-from taxis in the snow to restaurant advice, she is always there to consult and advise. Your room will be special (I wanted to take the bathroom home) and having a kitchen overlooking Pine Street was a delight. There were even little cupcakes in the foyer if the abundant continental breakfast wasn't enough. You might not want to be pampered but I certainly do, so I'm coming back first chance I get.

Room Tip: There is no B&B sign outside of a little card on the door, so don't be confused when you arr...
Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank YujiOda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Clinton Street Bed & Breakfast while in Philadelphia for a conference. What a delight! The owner, Kathy, is a warm and personable hostess who really takes care of every need. This is a quaint, charming, and a very reasonably priced place to stay right in the heart of Philly!
The rooms all have great character, the premises are immaculate, and the provision of a kitchenette, not to mention the wonderful continental breakfast offerings, was wonderful.
I highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone travelling to Philadelphia!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kari B
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have never stayed at a B &B and was a bit wary of what to expect. It was lovely... simply lovely. From the moment I walked in the door of 1024 Clinton, in this incredibly charming neighborhood, I felt at home.
Kathy, who runs the place, takes such pride in every detail as she showed me to my room, The Pearl Room, and the beautifully renovated work that she put into the space. The room was immaculate and I'm a stickler for that kind of thing. The room had a bed, tv with a k-billion channels, tons of charming tchokes, a fireplace, a lovely table for eating at and a cute little kitchenette which she stocked with everything you could need for morning breakfast: yogurts, muffins, eggs, milk, cereals, bread, --- I wanted for nothing. In fact, I was there on business, and when I'd walk in the door after a long day she had freshly made pumpkin tarts sitting under glass at the door for her guests.
The building was quiet and the bed comfy and I would HIGHLY rec'd this charming bed & breakfast!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank LaurenNY2013
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I booked the Topaz Room since it was the largest room for an adult family of 4 & indicated it would be my birthday. The house is in a cute neighborhood, nice location, and quiet except for the road construction with a jack hammer @ 7:30 am our first morning (not her fault). Kathy was very pleasant on the phone while booking, over the phone once we arrived in the city, & upon checking in. She was nice enough to waive some of the price, but never mentioned there would only be enough eggs, juice, & milk for 2.

I knew the building was old, which was ok since I liked the location. Upon arriving I felt the little details which make a stay excellent were overlooked. The room was very dirty in all of the corners, shower mat needed to be replaced (old & dirty), fridge door handle was dirty (I wiped it down). The window blinds were rusty or filthy (not sure which) window ledge brown with dirt, light bulb burnt out over the bed, & overall the paint was old & dirty.

The king bed was just ok; especially since it had a plastic type mattress cover that was slippery and noisy & the bed creaked every time you moved or turned over. Older & mismatched sheets were on the bed.

Warning: There are approximately 65 wooden stairs to the top story and the last set are narrow (no elevator). Whew! The sofa bed is HORRIBLE!! Sinks in the middle & no protection from the springs. Next to impossible to sleep on especially if a person is around 5 ft tall (feet hang over) and certainly not adequate for two. Never could find a spare blanket for extra padding in the room even though Kathy said there was one.

This has been given a terrible rating since there was an issue over our food and especially for her response. I asked for more eggs the first night since there were only 5 (which she gave) and said she didn't have any more apples to replace the bruised & old ones. No big deal since we had brought some of our own fruit.

However, the next morning I asked one of her workers if we could have an additional cot since the couch was so uncomfortable and we were staying another night. We did not ask for sheets or blankets just the camping type cot. I also asked for enough eggs, little bottles of juice & milk for the four of us. He was very accommodating, pleasant and never indicated it would be a problem.

Later I managed to burn 2 slices of bread due to either the settings being turned on high from a previous guest or the toaster didn't work. I went downstairs and asked Kathy if I could have a couple more slices of bread & explained the reason. WOW, I saw a whole different personality emerge. She started yelling at me in front of her worker and said that the burnt bread was not her problem... it was mine and that I needed to go to a store & buy some. She stated I was taking advantage of her. At first she indicated she would should be charging me for the extra food & cot. When I asked how much she changed her mind. Her behavior was shocking...I was in tears.

Due to the principle of everything & me not liking confrontation or wanting to take the chance of any addition charges, I gave the food & cot back. With a very nasty & loud voice, she told me that she wasn't going to charge me & that I had a passive/aggressive personality. She was still yelling as I walked away. I apologized to the worker if I had gotten him in trouble.

I have never experienced this type of treatment in any of my stays anywhere, whether hotels or other B&Bs. Our other 2 B&Bs were outstanding & we had plenty of food for all 4 of us. Our other prices were approximately the same if not cheaper (even in Pittsburgh).

If you choose to stay here, just be careful that you don't make her mad..I can't express how scary it turns.

It's a shame she made my birthday memory & our visit to Philadelphia so unpleasant.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank cheryl c
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This B & B can't be beat for location - walking distance to Broad street, 4th Ave, the river, & the historical center of Philly. The nearby parking garage charges $17 for 24 hours - a steal in downtown. Kathy, the owner, is charming & very helpful with suggestions for restaurants & areas to explore & to avoid. The B & B decor is tired in spots - needs a good scrub & fresh paint in some areas, but our bedding & towels were clean & the bathroom & kitchen in our room were fine. Breakfast arrives in your fridge the day before - pastries, jam, yogurt, fruit & eggs that you can cook as desired. I missed the chance to meet new people over breakfast, but it was pleasant to relax over coffee & breakfast in my housecoat, just like I do at home.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Traveljunky60
Beverly Hills, CA
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We were in town for a wedding and I'm glad we chose to stay at 1024 Clinton Street Bed & Breakfast instead of a massive chain hotel. However, our stay could have been better.

The location was great! It was easy to walk to restaurants and shopping. It was also easy to get a taxi at the end of the block and it wasn't a far walk to public transportation.

The decor was a bit tired, but I kind of expect that in a B&B.

I contacted the innkeeper before our arrival and requested non-dairy items for breakfast and she said it wouldn't be a problem. I also asked if she could arrange to have balloons in the room since we were arriving on my husband's birthday; again, she said she would take care of it. I was really looking forward to surprising him since it was a bit of a bummer to be travelling for a wedding on his birthday. Unfortunately, the innkeeper didn't come through on either request. I'm sure she just forgot, but I was pretty disappointed. I figured she would have a practice of noting special requests in her reservation system (or calendar) so things wouldn't be overlooked. I didn't mention it to her during our stay because she was really nice. It was a letdown, though, especially because I feel like the personal touches are why you stay at a B&B.

I would still recommend it. I just suggest confirming any special requests the day before you arrive.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Loxahatchee, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2013

The pictures that are displayed here look very nice, but that is not what we encountered. We had the biggest room at the top floor. When we arrived the A/C was not turned on so the room was really hot and humid. As you ascended the stairs there was more and more dust prevalent. The room we were in had cracks in the walls, painting was needed and the bathroom seemed to need updating. It was a very small bathroom too. It certainly would not have accomodated a larger person. We left for a couple of hours in hopes to come back to a cooled room, but it was still pretty warm and humid. Kathy was really nice when we arrived and seemed very accomodating. After we came back and found the room had not cooled off enough for us to be comfortable and being uncomfortable with the upkeep and cleanliness of the B&B, we proceeded to tell her we were leaving because of these things. She got very upset because she thought we were not willing to pay for the room and said we should have told her when we first arrived. Maybe we should have told her when we arrived, but the lack of cool air on our return in the evening was what made our final decision to leave. After we explained to her that if she was felt she needed to charge us for the room for that night she could, she calmed down but agreed that she would not charge us in good conscience since we were not happy. She credited our credit card. She was really nice, but really needs to put in a little more effort in making the place more presentable for her guests. Being on the top floor in the summer time, the air should have been on and room cooled for when we arrived. In addition more cleaning, painting, and upkeep is needed. The pictures look really nice on this website, but they don't show the bigger picture.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family