“Wonderful B&B, quiet street, lovely innkeeper”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Philadelphia
1024 Clinton Street Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 25 Philadelphia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed in "the nest" on Memorial Day Weekend and loved our room. It had a kitchenette with a stove and an oven, plenty of dishes and utensils, full fridge and table. The room was spacious and there was a little balcony one floor down. The Innkeeper does not make breakfast, but rather stocks the room with eggs and pastries, etc. so that the guest makes it in the kitchenette. Then the cleaners clean it up when they clean the room.

We went to the Italian market to get dinner fixings one night and made our dinner in the room and ate it on the balcony. The perfect weather made it heavenly.

The only ding--and she is planning to fix it this year--was the crazy leaky shower head. It sprayed all over the bathroom, but the rest of the place was so nice I found it pretty funny rather than annoying.

I usually like to interact with other guests at a B&B which usually happens at breakfast, but we did talk briefly with a young couple from NY as we were leaving and were able to give them a lift to the train station.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Francescamw66

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have stayed at 1024 Clinton three times in the past couple of years while our daughter was attending school. We had many choices in the area, and we keep returning to 1024. It is in a great neighborhood. Kathy and the staff are wonderful hosts. The accomodations are clean and comfortable. We will return as we visit Philadelphia in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mfsPortland
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We didn't do a lot of research on Philadelphia before arriving and booked this B&B without really knowing anything about the location. What a find! We were right in the heart of everything! As one of the neighbours said who I got chatting to "Clinton Street is the centre of the universe". Aside from being walking distance to everything that's fabulous about Philly, there is also an AMAZING coffee shop literally a two minute walk away (just down from the parking lot). Bliss.
We only crossed paths with Cathy once, but she was pleasant in all interactions and even put an Easter egg basket outside our room on Easter Sunday. Cute touch.
My only complaint would be that the queen bed in the Nook (large room on the ground floor) is extremely soft. I like a hard bed, so this was not good for me and 3 days later I still have a sore back.
Apart from the bed though, I would highly recommend everything about this B&B!

Room Tip: If you like a firm bed, don't book the Nook! Definitely treat yourself to a latte from the Gree...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jenny P
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We visited Clinton Street Bed and Breakfast a few weeks ago and it was a perfect stay! The location is fantastic with all sorts of restaurants, shops, and great local businesses within blocks. Kathy was a lovely hostess- very accommodating and sweet as could be. We stayed in the "Nook Suite," which was tastefully decorated, clean, spacious, and better than the pictures showed. There was a stocked mini-fridge with drinks and breakfast items and fresh pastries each day. The bed was very comfortable and there was a plethora of appropriately-sized bath towels. We will definitely stay again on our next trip to Philly! Especially for the price, it is so much more quaint and unique than a big-chain hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Charlotte L
Reviewed 2 April 2014

1024 Clinton is a delightful, spacious house in a great location (walking distance to lots of attractions and shops). My room was homey, and VAST--high ceilings, huge windows, giant bed--wonderfully spacious and quiet. The best thing about the B+B is Kathy, the innkeeper--she's so welcoming and friendly, and was exceptionally helpful to me throughout my stay and beyond. I'd definitely stay there again. In the neighborhood, try Cake and the Beanstalk for coffee/pastries, and Tria for happy hour and light meals.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank boomerCA7
Reviewed 30 January 2014

If you don't want to be pampered in Philly, by all means don't treat yourself to a visit to 1024 Clinton. Our hostess, Kathy, would never be able to be anything but gracious and helpful-from taxis in the snow to restaurant advice, she is always there to consult and advise. Your room will be special (I wanted to take the bathroom home) and having a kitchen overlooking Pine Street was a delight. There were even little cupcakes in the foyer if the abundant continental breakfast wasn't enough. You might not want to be pampered but I certainly do, so I'm coming back first chance I get.

Room Tip: There is no B&B sign outside of a little card on the door, so don't be confused when you arr...
Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank YujiOda
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Clinton Street Bed & Breakfast while in Philadelphia for a conference. What a delight! The owner, Kathy, is a warm and personable hostess who really takes care of every need. This is a quaint, charming, and a very reasonably priced place to stay right in the heart of Philly!
The rooms all have great character, the premises are immaculate, and the provision of a kitchenette, not to mention the wonderful continental breakfast offerings, was wonderful.
I highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone travelling to Philadelphia!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business