“Fantastic”

Ranked #57 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
lincolnshire
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Chose this hotel for our first visit to Philly after reading the reviews. My only regret is that five nights here was not long enough. Huge suite with living room, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. Free diy laundry service and tea/coffee and two computers in the business centre. The staff are friendly and most helpful. The hotel is in the liveliest area of Philly with lots of restaurants and bars and shops. Good access to the area using the transit system.
I look forward to going back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 6 May 2011

AKA Ritenhouse Square has a superb location in Philadelphia downtown area, just in front of the Rittenhouse Square and close to some of the best bars, restaurants and shopping in town. Moreover, it's very easy to get around from there (for both business and leisure travelers). The rooms are great: spacious, modern and clean, with king size beds and full kitchens. The service is also impeccable, always kind and helpful.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be excelent...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MVZanetti
New Brunswick, NJ
Reviewed 5 February 2011

I grew up near Manhattan and on a whim decided to visit Philly for the first time... EVER. Being in my early 20's, I watch my money and plan my finances but OH MY GOD is the AKA Rittenhouse ever so worth every dollar. I got the 1 bedroom deluxe suite and let me tell you - it's about 4 times bigger than my own apartment!! I'm in LOVE!! GORGEOUS decor, very homey and clean. The hotel is chic and inviting. I love the elevator's neon color lighting. The location is right in the middle of central philly and right in the middle of everything!! The best and greatest asset this hotel has to offer? The front desk is SUPER sweet and extremely helpful. They were so helpful in offering advice as to where to eat, grab a drink, go shopping and find groceries and the like. They even go so far as to show you exactly where to walk and will genuinely ask you how you enjoyed the restaurant/bar/wherever to ensure you've found exactly what you wanted!!

For these reasons and so much more, I'm in love with Philly because of the AKA Rittenhouse and plan to make a weekend trip at one of their suites my monthly escape from work... like my own monthly mini-vacation. It's CERTAINLY worth every penny!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank anglsinair
NE Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 December 2010

I had a Studio Suite which included a kitchen/bed/bathroom. The location in downtown Philadelphia across from Rittenhouse Square is excellent. I love everything about this area of town and am very comfortable staying near the square because of the availability of restaurants, transportation and shopping.

The Studio Suite isn't going to please everyone, but it suited me perfect for a four-day business trip. I particularly liked the granite island for spreading my work out. It was so much better than the desks that other hotels provide.

There wasn't much room in the suite, but the bed was large and very comfortable and the kitchen had everything I could have needed. It's great to be able to keep food/drink in the room and not have to always depend on restaurants. There are plenty of options for grocery, wine, beer within a few blocks of the hotel.

Noise - I was on the 7th floor facing 18th street. There were five windows in my suite and noise was never an issue for me.

The bathroom was tiny....really tiny. This wasn't a problem for me, but I guarantee it wouldn't have worked for my wife. However, it had great fixtures and marble tile everywhere. The shower stall had more room than the sink area and I prefer the stall to a tub/shower combination.

They also had me hooked as soon as I saw the Rowenta iron in the closet. It's much nicer than any other iron I've had in my travels.

I arrived at the hotel around 11:30 pm and asked the gentleman at the desk if he could recommend a place to grab a quick bite to eat. He was so helpful and gave me lots of options. I wound up 2 blocks to the west at the Irish Pub and was able to get something to go before they shut the kitchen down. I have always been very comfortable in this neighborhood and wouldn't think twice about walking around late at night.

If I could change one thing about my room, it would be to paint it. Since it's a converted building, the rooms have high ceilings, and my room was painted white. The granite in the kitchen and the cabinets could use a warmer color to close up the room a bit. White in December kept me going to the thermostat to turn up the heat!

And.....Apple I-macs in the business center!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 December 2010

Perfectly located right on Rittenhouse Square these apartments are close to everything. Superbly fitted out kitchen, elegant furnishings, and super helpful satff at the front desk who will do anything to assist - all with a smile.
Would happily recommend for short or longer term stay - we stayed 5 weeks on a business assigment and were sorry to have to leave!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank travellingchef
Houston
Reviewed 30 November 2010

can't go wrong with this one - clean hotel, great service, great location!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank hajralak
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2010

I stayed in a 1 bdrm suite for 2 nights. The room itself was great. Very spacious and included a good sized kitchen. The bed gave me a great sleep, and actually all the furniture was comfortable (I almost fell asleep on the couch!). The only thing I can criticize is the lobby. Very dark and bare and the fluorescent pink light in the (slow) elevator didn't add anything positive. However the lobby is in stark contrast to the actual room, which was both cozy and professional.
Location is right in front of Rittenhouse square so is a great starting point for walking around the city. Lots to do and see nearby. Its only about a 5-10 minute cab ride to University city and was told its walkable in about 20-25 minutes.
No pool or fitness center (but the in-room brochure said you can get in-house massages from a nearby spa). No restaurant but they have coffee/tea service on the 2nd floor and room-service is available (comes from a nearby restaurant according to the brochure). There are many restaurants in the area though. Free highspeed wireless internet.
The staff were very friendly and professional and were helpful in suggesting places to visit.
A little pricy, but well worth it, especially when you need a solid place to stay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business