Philadelphia Hotel Bella Vista
US$364
US$322
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsitalian marketsouth streetsummer breezecontinental breakfastfull kitchenparking garageliving roomfirst floorwithin walking distancefew blocksmini fridgethree blockshistorical areabed was comfortableair conditionercheesesteakroom was large
Reviewed 9 April 2008

The location was great, just a few blocks off south street. Good neighborhood, very close to many restaurants, shops, and most importantly the Italian Market. The hosts were very nice, they allowed us to use their family pass for one of the museums, which saved us over $40. Yes there is no traditional breakfast served, but you are in Philly and there is PLENTY to eat in this city. We found parking pretty easy since it was the weekend. We stayed in the City View Room, which was nice, clean, and the bed was really comfortable. The shared a kitchen had a full size fridge to keep wine and other goodies cold. They provided bottled water and light snacks. There also was a stove an microwave to cook things. We will definitely return, and bring our friends the next time. If you are looking for a good place to stay that is close to many of the “City Center” attractions, then you should be happy.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 3 April 2008

We had a wonderful stay at the Bella Vista. The service and hospitality were amazing. The owners went out of there way to accommodate us. Great location near south street/italian market. I would not hesitate to recommend this B&B to anyone! Thanks for a great stay!
-Mike and Rachael

• Stayed: March 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 2 April 2008

We just returned from our first trip to Philadelphia. Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast was wonderful all the way around. The owners were accomodating, genuine, helpful and very nice. The room was clean, beautifully decorated in a colonial/antique motif and was well stocked with lots of goodies to eat. The fireplace added a special touch on the couple of cold nights we experienced while we were there. It was in a great location and within walking distance to the Italian Market , with excellent restaurants and bakeries and other major attractions. I would highly recommend Bella Vista and would definately return to stay there the next time I plan a trip to Philly. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 2 April 2008

Beautiful B & B in old South Philly. Great location, convenient to lots! Great/comfortable furniture/beds. Beautifully decorated/great colors! Dan & Barbara are the owners and they could not have been more accommodating and nice. We will definitely stay there again!!!!! From: Charlotte, North Carolina

Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank lucy1234CharlotteNC
Reviewed 12 March 2008

Philadelphia Bella Vista occupies two lovely old row houses in the heart of a gorgeous residential area very close to South Street, the historic district, and the Italian Market.

It was such a treat to stay there I tell you! We stayed in two different rooms at two different times throughout the week. The Magnolia is lovely but rather close quarters. I would definitely recommend it for a romantic, cozy getaway. The Philadelphian is a much grander suite, much more comfortable for myself, my husband, and my daughter.

As for the narrow halls and stairways--it's true. The houses are 200 years old so not-so-handicapped-accessible. However, there are gorgeous rooms on the main level of each building. My husband utilizes a cane when walking and he managed the staircases without difficulty.

Both of our rooms were charming with beautiful antiques and efficiency kitchens--I especially appreciated the dishwasher! Both were cleaned daily throughout our stay. Both were consistently stocked with breakfast items and coffee.

Continental breakfast does consist of cold or instant hot cereal, frozen waffles/pancakes, homemade muffins, and juice. The benefit to its simplicity is that breakfast is on your schedule and it does not require much investment of your time or effort to fuel up before exploring the city--which is what we came to do. If you are looking for a little more pizazz in the morning I strongly encourage you to walk around the corner to Isgro's italian bakery for the most amazing pastries of your life or Sabrina's cafe for a full breakfast.

I felt safer walking around that delightful neighborhood than I do in my own (day AND night) and loved feeling like a native Philadelphian. There are several Italian restaurants within 2 blocks that I still have dreams about. The Italian Market area is not to be missed.

It is a bit of a distance to the historic district but certainly is within a comfortable walking distance for most people. My family of 3 (including a 5 year old daughter) walked EVERYWHERE from here and loved the view along the way.

The hosts Dan and Barbara are beautiful people--very warm and inviting. Before we knew it, we were like old friends planning play dates and pizza parties for their nieces and my daughter.

Bella Vista is an incredible value and I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone. I definitely plan to be back. Next time we're staying in the LaGrande. Can't wait to see you again, Dan and Barbara!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family