“Great Experience!”

Ranked #16 of 25 Philadelphia B&B and Inns
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My fiance and I had another great experience at Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast. We have nicknamed it "our home away from home". The staff is top notch and very accommodating. I continue to recommend Bella Vista B'n'B to all friends and family who will be staying in Philadelphia. They have a two guests for life :)

Room Tip: There are some rooms without private bathrooms. Be sure to read the description of the room you woul...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sweet_Eggs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Location was around a 20 minute walk to the Independence Hall area. It was noisy at night and sharing the bathroom/kitchen area with another room didn't work to well with noisy neighbors who liked to occupy the bathroom. Location was not great for more than exploring the Italian area and having dinner there. We were advised by locals to not go walking in the area at night.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank runinCO
Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We just spent 3 nights at this bed and breakfast and although they were full to capacity they did their best to accommodate us by having us move rooms each night. This was a bit inconvenient but the staff made it happen easily. All the rooms we used were lovely and beautifully furnished. Each evening breakfast offerings were made available to be taken to the rooms for next mornings breakfast. Each room had kitchen facilities to keep the food safe and to prepare it. I would definitely stay here again. The location was great, the price was good and we were comfortable.

Room Tip: there are lots of stairs to climb , so ask for a limit on that detail.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I was just talking to the manager of this Bed and Breakfast and I figured the bad reviews are from people that don't mind reading and/or asking for anything. I am checking out today and me and my husband had a GREAT stay!
The staff is friendly and helpful, breakfast is a cold-self-service-continental breakfast, we knew that from the beginning and honestly, they provide more than they should.
For those who are looking for luxury this is not the place but if you are looking for an old-style house in the heart of Philly with great people and great food around for sure this is where you should go. Clean rooms and very affordable.

Room Tip: I found the Oasis and the Autumn Mist very pretty. They also have wine!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jennifer K
Dan M, Owner at Philadelphia Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for you review. To help future guests understand our generous Self Serve Continental Breakfast I am posting the description that is displayed at www.philadelphiabellavistabnb.com. ""LITE SELF SERVICE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST offers Coffee, Tea, Baked Goods, a Variety of Hot and Cold Cereals, Fruit juice, Milk and Half & Half. Butter, Jelly and Cream Cheese are the Condiments Provided. Snacks Include Micro Wave Popcorn, Cookies and Candy. There is a variety of Fruit Provided and Available in the Common Area.
ALL ARE SELF SERVICE IN YOUR OWN ROOM OR PRIVATE DINNING AREA""
We would love to see you again on your next visit to Philadelphia and hope it will be soon.
All the best,
Dan & Barbara
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed in the Summer Breeze room, lovely. Parking on the streets suck but we found free parking on 11th st. From there we walked everywhere, great neighborhood!
The room was clean and decent decorated. The hosts also very friendly and for breakfast we went to Sabrina's to get a real American one.

I recommend this place, will be back again!

Room Tip: Summer Breeze has 2 beds. Perfect for 3 people.
Aumsville, Oregon
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I stayed here because it was near my son's apartment, so the location was ideal. However, the entire time of my 5 days there, I saw no one anywhere in the building except for a couple of Spanish-speaking maids. There was no one to greet or welcome me, no one to ask questions, & no one that could provide suggestions of places to see or good restaurants in the area, etc. Thank goodness for Google Maps!

Also, the decor & general upkeep of the apartment needed serious TLC. When I turned on the lamp in my room, the entire top fell over. I had to prop it against the wall in order to use it. The staff came to my "shared" living quarters door while I was dressing & wanted inside, but fortunately I had locked it. They came back later only to remove the entire lock from the door so it couldn't be locked at all. This left a tacky, gaping hole in the door. (Juvenile behavior) There were pieces of baseboard missing in the bathroom & splotches of mismatched paint on the ceiling. The bathroom door was (no kidding) no more than 25" wide. Way too narrow so you'd have to walk sideways thru the door! The apartment had an ant problem & the only view was the side of the adjacent building. The front door was even narrower than the bathroom door so you sometimes had to try more than once to wedge yourself thru. Since I didn't see any English-speaking tenants while I was there, I didn't even know til the last day there was an actual living room that was available for our use. I wouldn't have used it anyway cos it was right next to the manager's office--not much privacy.

In my travels & staying at B&Bs, I have never experienced a worse "breakfast" than this one. Breakfasts included in these places have generally provided hot, homemade food, fruit, pastries, breads, & beverages. This establishment provided a basket at the bottom of the stairs with day-old (if not more) bread, bagels, & English muffins in plastic baggies & a few apples & bananas. The uneaten fruit would stay in the basket day after day until the bananas turned brown. Disgusting.

There was nowhere to sit outside that I knew of except a small bench near the street, which wasn't really conducive to reading. Since I saw no one, there wasn't anyone to talk to about that.

Room Tip: Don't take any rooms on the top floor. Request one with a view & a wider than 25" bathr...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dan M, Owner at Philadelphia Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
We have staff from 9 am - 5 pm Monday-Friday, Saturdays and Sundays me and my husband are around all day, we live in one of the buildings, we can always be reached on the phone or by email. I am sorry you did not see anybody but we have 3 buildings.

Best wishes.

Travellers are raving about these Philadelphia hotels

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My family of four stayed here for two nights at the end of April when we traveling along the American East Coast. The website and photos looked very nice, but we were appalled to see discolored mold on the walls of both of the bedrooms we stayed in. Also, the mattress of the bed that my wife and I shared was hard as a rock. It sounded like a great concept, but we were very disappointed. Our kids also saw a blood stain on their toilet. I wish we had stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bob S
Sorry about that, we got it fixed as soon as we were notified.