“Excelent B&B”

Ranked #16 of 25 Philadelphia B&B and Inns
Sao Caetano do Sul, SP
“Excelent B&B”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

If you are looking for a good B&B in Philli, that's the place. Everything is clean, the bed is very confortable and the breakfast is yummy, with homemade muffins!! The location is phenomenal and you can visit the all the touristic places by foot, without car or public transportation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dan M, Owner at Philadelphia Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for you review. The Bella Vista neighborhood is indeed the most convenient area of center city. It is full of great restaurants, cafes and shops. As we say it is "Close to all the best of Philadelphia". Time to return for a visit. We hope to see again you soon.
All the best,
Dan & Barbara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Nothing like the brochure!! Owners do not know apparently what a bed and breakfast is. They are not welcoming, room had NO HEAT and is was 20 degrees out! Walls were peeling, no breakfast, leak in kitchen sink nearly flooded out the space which I was forced to clean up!
Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere! Trust me!! I like old and historical, but this was poorly maintained, poorly run and nothing like any b & b we've ever stayed in!!! Sorry, but I must be honest here. Tons of places to stay in Phila!! NOT HERE !!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else! No service, not clean. not warm, not welcoming and no breakfast!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank nanny6226
Dan M, Owner at Philadelphia Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
My response:

Thank you for the review. As the owner of Philadelphia Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast and as someone who cares a great deal about our guests comfort and one who strives to provide value and satisfaction for everyone who stays at Philadelphia Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast I find it necessary for all readers of this review to hear my perspective. First and foremost I must respectfully disagree with what has been stated in this review.

I am the owner and personally greeted this guest and spent quite some time showing them the room and our detailed "Information Book" which contains BNB contact information, BNB policies, Continental breakfast info, door codes, WIFI pass word, together with general information about the Bella Vista neighborhood. As you will note from other reviews we are often complemented on the cleanliness of our BNB. We have an excellent cleaning staff that meticulously cleans every room before a guest arrives. They also service the rooms daily for the benefit and comfort of guests staying multiple days. The office manager is charged with inspecting each room before the guest arrives to insure that everything is in order. I personally inspected the room prior to, during and after this guest stayed for one night. I found it warm, no pealing walls and no leak. This guest was booked by an outside travel agency. We generally take few reservations from a third party source. The agency was instructed to advise the guest about our Lite Self Serve Continental Breakfast and that the guest should review our web site to insure that they had a clear understanding of what to expect. We send every guest a confirmation email when we receive their booking. That email clearly states and explains our policies, breakfast offering, parking, contact information and check in and out procedures. We follow that email up just prior to their arrival date with a time of arrival email which restates our policies etc. We also advise in that email and when the guest arrives that if there is any problem, request or concern the guest should contact the office. Once we are contacted we will make every effort to address any concerns or issues that are within our control. We did not receive any call from this guest reporting any problems or concerns. I saw this guest the following morning and asked if everything was OK and was told everything was fine. I then wished them a safe trip home.

Travellers are raving about these Philadelphia hotels

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This B&B was heaven sent. I was due to attend the ASSA Meetings in Philadelphia Center City(January 3-5) and on January 2, 12 noon could not find a single hotel in that area that had a vacant room. The only hotels that had vacancies were located at the Airport, about 10 miles away. Just by chance I found this B&B through Trip Advisor. I called the place and voila they had one room (Summer Breeze) available. The owner was kind and took the reservation on the phone without taking any credit card info...just my word. I started out from Washington DC at 2 pm and was there by 5:30, both husband and wife (Dan and Barbara) were expecting me.

The room was on the second floor... a little climb but expansive. It had class and contained everything that a 3-4 star hotel would provide...even a jacuzzi! Great location. Needless to say I was busy all days at the Conference and normally would come back after 10 pm to find a clean room and everything made up. The bed was very comfortable. Parking is a problem, 2 hour parking on the street, although there is a garage nearby. I lucked out because it snowed so much that the 2-hour parking on the street was not enforced during my stay.

As mentioned in other reviews there is no serious breakfast...just think of it as a good stately bedroom in your home with basic stuff like coffee, juice, milk, cereals, and fruit.

I would recommend this place to anyone who would rather stay in a home away from home with similar cleaning amenities as a hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ChallengingTraveller
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I'll give credit where it's due, and when it comes to this B&B it's definitely clean. However, maybe it's just me and my experiences, but this is the first B&B I've been to that didn't serve a hot breakfast. They pretty much give you packaged cereal, packaged oatmeal, and bread with milk and orange juice. For us, the price wasn't worth the stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kenkay12
Thank you for your review. As the owner of Philadelphia Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast and as someone who cares a great deal about our guests comfort and one who strives to provide value and satisfaction for everyone who stays at Philadelphia Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast I would like to offer you some suggestions for your future visits to any BNB. You should ALWAYS view their web site carefully and any confirmation notices you may receive from them. If unsure about something email or call that Inn. I believe that is WHAT caused your confusion when booking your stay with us. Our web site clearly states in BOLD lettering our breakfast offering and that it consist of a lite self serve type continental breakfast in your room at your desired time. We also state clearly in our confirmation letter that we do not cook a hot breakfast nor serve one in a common dining area. Our rooms each have their own private dining area. I believe a closer look in your future travels will insure that you have a clearer understanding of what to expect. It is my hope that these tips are helpful to you and should you decide to visit with us again there will be no confusion and your stay will be most enjoyable. Thank you Dan
Key West, Florida, United States
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Great place, very clean & kinda funky very quiet, blocks from South Street, the 9th Street Italian Market, & The Morning Glory Diner (best big Bfst/Brunch Food in the City) Lots of good eats close by & the Most amazing Museum in Phily the Magic Gardens... amazing

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bill S
Staten Island, New York, United States
Reviewed 22 October 2013

First I'd like to say I got engaged in this beautiful Bed & Breakfast! It was just the perfect setting and the room was just everything we had hoped for.

We had booked a few months earlier with no problems at all. In fact, closer to our travel date we had noticed there was a special on TripAdvisor for 10% off our stay and the B&B had no problems applying the discount to our statement.

Secondly, location, location, location! We were able to walk almost everywhere from this Bed & Breakfast. We're seasoned walkers but it was incredibly close to all the major attractions.

My boyfriend (now fiance!) and I arrived a little early and we were greeted by, Sue Ellen. She was very informative and kind, gave us our pin codes for the front door and our rooms and told us if we ever needed her for anything she would just be a phone call away. I liked this, a lot. It made me feel like it was our own little home away from home. All the food that was in the room was ours. If we opened anything there would be no additional charge and there was a binder in the room to let us know everything we could possibly need. We did have some trouble with the AC but it was minor compared to how excellent everything else was.

We stayed in the Bohemian Room which was located in the building next to the main one, at 750 S. 10th St. The room was on the first floor closer to the back of the building. It is a very old place so if you're expecting everything to be shiny and new, don't come here. It has it's own little charm with some old paintings and murals on the walls. Everything creaks! The floors are noisy but I expected nothing less. The building dates back to the early 1900s. The bed was very comfortable and we slept very well. Walls are paper thin so if you get a guest next door who doesn't follow the respected 10pm-10am rule, you'll hear every bit of their conversation.

It is true, the breakfast is nothing special. Some snacks, bread for toasting, muffins (which are homemade) and some cereals that were replaced next morning with new varieties to choose from. There is a community fruit bowl in the front foyer that we were allowed to take from if we wanted and a Wholefoods store super close by we needed. The little kitchenette area has a microwave, toaster, coffeemaker, utensils and a fridge. The first two mornings we had our cereals but the last day we went to the diner on the corner, Morning Glory which was fantastic but I'll save that for another review.

Each time we returned to our room the bed was made and the towels were replaced. During the day the building smells like fresh clean laundry and muffins! We also had free range to visit any of the other buildings and the living room in the back of 752 S. 10th St. which has a small library and some board games to play with. This area also holds your luggage after check out if you want to squeeze a couple of more hours into your stay and explore more of Center City.

And lastly, check out was just as easy as check in. Sue Ellen told us from the get go that we could just leave at 11am, no need to even check out with her. We enjoyed our stay so much that we wanted to thank her personally before we left. We will definitely stay again another time.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back are more private than in the front of the building and quieter. We stayed on...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This bed and breakfast is in a quiet and friendly neighborhood, just walking distance from the from center city. Me and my two friends stayed at the Tip Top suite and the room was large and spacious and you have your own kitchen. The owners are very nice, friendly and always willing to help. Great place to stay if you ever want to go to Philly!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends