I stayed two nights at the Independence Park Hotel. The main factor for choosing it was the location. It is close to the subway station (Market-Frankford Line, stop at 2nd Street), which makes it easy to travel from and to the airport (the combination of airport train and subway makes it easy and cheap to make the travel between airport and hotel). It is also near the historic district (Independence Hall and Bell of Liberty being the top attractions). You can easily spend a day walking that historic district and it is very convenient that you can go by the hotel for a short break. The hotel is also on walking distance from the waterfront, where you can take a ferry to Camden (every hour on the hour, 7 dollars). Note that Camden has not much to offer wrt sightseeing, but the view on Philadelphia City from that site of the Delaware river is quite nice. Finally, the hotel is also close to stop "2" of the Phlash route, which makes it easy and cheap to make the trip to the city centre, all the way up to the museum area.
The hotel is good and clean. Rooms are rather basic (very high ceiling, but not that big), nice bathroom, standard tv. I did not have street view (you will probably have to pay more for that), but that didn't disturb me since I was mainly there for sightseeing outside the hotel. The complimentary breakfast is very basic (toast, cornflakes, fruit, coffee, juice), which you can "upgrade" to eggs and some other stuff for 5 dollar (+ tax).
Service and staff were very good. Nice thing: around 4 PM you can have some free drink and cookie in the hotel lobby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're planning to "Visit Philly" this Autumn or Winter, be sure to stay the night at the Independence Park Hotel. We're located in Philadelphia's Historic District and the perfect spot to explore the city, catch a ball game, enjoy a show or just have fun! Stay with us and walk to the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Ben Franklin's Post Office, Betsy Ross's House, the National Constitution Center and Penn's Landing. Plus, there are dozens of great restaurants, art galleries and museums to wander through in our historic neighborhood. And if you're in Philadelphia on business, you will love our convenient location, free high speed Internet, complimentary 24/7 business pulse center and our award winning and pretty delicious complimentary continental breakfast. We are close to many corporate and government headquarters, as well as universities and renowned hospitals. Stay a night or longer and when you do, we promise to take good care of you. So, relax and enjoy our stunning architecture and host of complimentary modern comforts, designed to exceed today's demanding traveler needs. Make the most of your visit to Philadelphia, stay at Independence Park Hotel. Come be our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Best Western