“Definitely recommending”

Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I have no complaints at all about my stay here and would definitely recommend this hotel. Nice, clean rooms, friendly, helpful staff, convenient location to a lot of walkable places. Would stay here again if I ever get back up that way.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Lindabart

Reviewed 21 December 2011

Hotel was great! Came for an overnight trip to see Jets-Eagles at the Linc. Was greeted by Donna at the front desk. Since we had time to kill waiting for some people to get into town, we hung out in the lobby and was offered complimentary coffee and snacks. While enjoying the great cookies Donna went out of her way to make us "feel at home" in Philadelphia. She told us where to eat and where to go out at night for a few drinks.

Hotel itself was great, checkout was painless and overall it was a great stay. Will definitely be back on my next trip to Philadelphia.

Room Tip: Free cookies!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We do not usually frequent Best Westerns but we were tempted by the location. It is more of a boutique hotel and I was greeted by Craig at the desk. I arrived mid-morning so I knew the room would not be ready but Craig secured my bags, gave me my bearings for my hours of upcoming walking tour and even asked me twice if I used the bathroom. I wished they had a yogurt offering for breakfast but other than that, I found the hotel very friendly and pleasant. comfortable beds too and the towels were a nice quality which is always my test standard! We will return on our next trip to sightsee Philly.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank cohan_diane
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I am from Philadelphia and don't have a reason to stay in a hotel in the city, but my husband's company had a Xmas party in the historic district, so we decided to book a room so that we could imbibe a little more and not worry about driving home. I've walked passed this hotel a million times and I'm glad I had the opportunity to stay there. It has the best location for getting to all the historic sights in Philly, as well as all the great restaurants and bars in Olde City. The room wasn't fancy, but it wasn't a dump and was clean and just what we needed for one night in the city. We stayed in room 202 which faces out on Chestnut Street. We thought that on a Saturday in December, Chestnut would be quiet, but it wasn't because there are several popular bars nearby that stay open late. This isn't the hotel's fault, so I suggest requesting a room that doesn't face Chestnut Street.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face Chestnut Street, especially if you're staying on a Friday o...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank K8TF
Reviewed 27 November 2011

After two weeks overseas, great to be in a hotel that was equipped for the guest. Lin (Lyn, Lynn) was quite helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Jean A
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I stayed with the hotel for three nights during the Thanksgiving weekend. It was nice, cosy and within the walking distance to the Independence National Historical Park. The staffs are very nice and helpful. It would be great if they add some variey on the breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ming962206
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I have been staying at this hotel for over a decade and Jessica, the general manager and Craig the morning manager have always treated me like family. The focus is on service and the Wednsday evening wine and cheese social is a great place to make new friends from around the world.

Room Tip: If you want a nice view be close to Chestnut, quieter rooms are down the hallway.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business