“An absolutely lovely Best Western!”

Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
La Jolla, California
“An absolutely lovely Best Western!”
Reviewed 25 December 2011

We have stayed at MANY Best Westerns both in Europe and throughout the United States and have several favorites.....have just added the BW Plus Independence Park Hotel to one of our top five. Wonderful service and a lovely, very clean room, very nicely appointed with good amenities. Parking around the corner @$18 was a great buy considering some of the other hotels around the area with parking up to $40 per night! A great location and good value!!

Room Tip: loved our corner room on the 5th floor
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kscaa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I have no complaints at all about my stay here and would definitely recommend this hotel. Nice, clean rooms, friendly, helpful staff, convenient location to a lot of walkable places. Would stay here again if I ever get back up that way.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Lindabart
Woodbury, New York, United States
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Hotel was great! Came for an overnight trip to see Jets-Eagles at the Linc. Was greeted by Donna at the front desk. Since we had time to kill waiting for some people to get into town, we hung out in the lobby and was offered complimentary coffee and snacks. While enjoying the great cookies Donna went out of her way to make us "feel at home" in Philadelphia. She told us where to eat and where to go out at night for a few drinks.

Hotel itself was great, checkout was painless and overall it was a great stay. Will definitely be back on my next trip to Philadelphia.

Room Tip: Free cookies!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We do not usually frequent Best Westerns but we were tempted by the location. It is more of a boutique hotel and I was greeted by Craig at the desk. I arrived mid-morning so I knew the room would not be ready but Craig secured my bags, gave me my bearings for my hours of upcoming walking tour and even asked me twice if I used the bathroom. I wished they had a yogurt offering for breakfast but other than that, I found the hotel very friendly and pleasant. comfortable beds too and the towels were a nice quality which is always my test standard! We will return on our next trip to sightsee Philly.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank cohan_diane
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I am from Philadelphia and don't have a reason to stay in a hotel in the city, but my husband's company had a Xmas party in the historic district, so we decided to book a room so that we could imbibe a little more and not worry about driving home. I've walked passed this hotel a million times and I'm glad I had the opportunity to stay there. It has the best location for getting to all the historic sights in Philly, as well as all the great restaurants and bars in Olde City. The room wasn't fancy, but it wasn't a dump and was clean and just what we needed for one night in the city. We stayed in room 202 which faces out on Chestnut Street. We thought that on a Saturday in December, Chestnut would be quiet, but it wasn't because there are several popular bars nearby that stay open late. This isn't the hotel's fault, so I suggest requesting a room that doesn't face Chestnut Street.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face Chestnut Street, especially if you're staying on a Friday o...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank K8TF
Bethesda, MD
Reviewed 27 November 2011

After two weeks overseas, great to be in a hotel that was equipped for the guest. Lin (Lyn, Lynn) was quite helpful.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Jean A
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I stayed with the hotel for three nights during the Thanksgiving weekend. It was nice, cosy and within the walking distance to the Independence National Historical Park. The staffs are very nice and helpful. It would be great if they add some variey on the breakfast.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family