“Great location for history buffs!”

Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Chicago, Illinois
“Great location for history buffs!”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

This hotel is only a block from Independence Hall, Carpenter's Hall and the Liberty Bell. No more than a few blocks to ALL the history in Philly. Hotel is very old, but updates are adequate. Room was clean and beds are good. Continental breakfast was better than most. This is a small boutique hotel with 37 rooms. This place is all about location, location, location!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank valstewart557

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Perfect for sightseeing in Philly, right in the middle of Old City. It was easy walk to everything.
The room is nice and super clean, the best part about this hotel is the staff. They were friendly and helpful. Will recommend this hotel to every one i know.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank awp2005
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My son and I spent two nights in this hotel while visiting the Philadelphia area. The hotel is within a block or two of all the historic sites. Our room, while small, was well appointed and comfortable. The staff was very helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. They even called me to let me know that I had accidently left my camera charger behind and made arrangements to mail it to me.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Wilton, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 July 2012

My wife and I spent two nights in this lovely hotel. The staff were wonderful-very helpful and attentive. The location could not better-right in the middle of the Old City. It was very easy to walk to all the sites we wanted to visit. I highly recommend it and look forward to going back.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank christopherbishop
Debary, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Hotel was clean, nicely furnished, and beautiful. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful, with suggestions of where to go for dinner, and how to best get around. The bed was FABULOUS!! So comfy, the best sleep I had my whole vacation! I hated to have to leave. I highly recommend thishotel to anyone visiting Philly. It was right in the middle of the historic district and is itself a historic building. The A/C was awesome! I think that's part of why I slept so well. Do not hesitate to book this hotel, it is a wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank concertfan65
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2012

The hotel itself was wonderful I'm not sure that I could do anything to improve the hotel itself except perhaps to find some way to have guest parking that is not charged at $18.00 per day. In addition the microwave in or room was not working but overall that was a very minor issue. My wife and I were there to enjoy Philadelphia not really reheat pizza, as such I would say that this hotel was very good. The staff were very pleasant to deal with each and everyone made efforts to say hello or welcome even in passing in the halls. Breakfast was good the scrambled eggs were not runny or rubbery, milk was cold, the waffles had a liberty bell in the middle of them was an amusing touch that just added to the small things.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
InnsOfDistinction, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear Jeff M

Thanks for staying with us at the Independence Park Hotel on your recent trip to Philadelphia. And thanks for telling the world about the wonderful experience you had with us.

I always share reviews with my staff and can't wait to show them your comments. When you wrote; “I’m not sure that I could do anything to improve the hotel" it tells me that we did our job and you enjoyed the Independence Park Hotel!

Anyway, thanks again for your gracious review and telling everyone who reads TripAdvisor what a great time you had in Philadelphia!

JM
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Can't beat the location for tourism. Small, only 35 rooms or so, but very clean. Our room was small but nicely appointed. A/C was very good. Staff pleasant but minimum. On the negative side, mattress was too soft and lumpy for our likes, and the TV has a bare minimum of channels - mostly local plus HBO and only a few cable channels. No parking is included - you have to park around the corner @ an extra $18/day, without in and out privileges. Ice machine is on the Concourse level, so an elevator ride is necessary to get ice. Breakfast included on the Concourse level. Coffee, tea and cookies in the lobby in the late afternoon. New WiFi works well. Pricey, but fair, considering its location.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family