1,558 results
All reviewsliberty bellold cityamerican revolutionafternoon tea and cookieshistoric sitesgreat locationwithin walking distancewine and cheeseacross the streetparking passchestnut streetsmall hotelbetsy ross housecharming hotelwould stay here againfew blocksyogurt
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was a bit disappointed with the size of the room compared to what I paid, but slowly the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the hotel and location won me over. Also, the location in historic Philadelphia just could not be beaten. But on the down side I was a bit disappointed that guests were not afforded a larger parking discount.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations in quality, comfort of bed, full breakfast included in the price, and the location just a block away from Independence Hall and Independence Mall. The staff went out of their way to ensure a pleasant experience in all categories. They served cookies and tea in the afternoon and assisted us at checking by calling a taxi to pick us up. No hassles throughout our stay. This hotel could be considered a bed and breakfast with all the amenities of a hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Thank Brenda & Linwoo... H
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed a week or so ago for and I must say, I was truly impressed. I checked in late Saturday, early Sunday, the young lady at the desk was wonderful and gave us all kinds of suggestions about places to eat late night (after midnight) and very informative about sightseeing suggestions (I.E. trolley/duck tours w/ prices, Visitor Center, etc) Small rooms but perfect for me and my husband. High ceilings gave the illusion that rooms were much larger. Breakfast was plentiful and more than enough to go around. Make your own Belgian waffles were outstanding even had a liberty bell on it. (hubby had 2) We came down a little early but was not turned down to eat, just informed all was not ready but could help ourselves to what was ready. Felt like we were truly being catered to and waited on w/o feeling like they were being intrusive. This our first time as "Philadelphians" to actually take the time and visit our beautiful city since moving here in Dec '13.

Room Tip: high floor if choosing a street view, tends to be rowdy at night
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
InnsOfDistinction, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Brandi C,

Thanks for staying with us and for the "Fabulous" review you posted on TripAdvisor. We appreciate both!

I am glad our staff took great care of you, that you enjoyed your breakfast and our hotel offerings. This is great news.

Please come back soon...and often!

JM

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We enjoyed our visit to this Best Western. It is within walking distance of most of the historic district. As senior citizens we had to pace ourselves and the proximity to our motel made it easy to walk back to and to take a short nap or have a cup of coffee. I would recommend this motel. The breakfast was adequate enough to get you through the morning. The room was clean, the management catered to your every need and were helpful on the various restaurants around the area. The only negative comment I have about our room was the comfort of the chairs. The straight back, low padded one was a back crippler and needs to be buried and put out of it's misery.

Room Tip: We liked being on the 5th floor for the quiet it provided.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I've never written a review, never mind 1/2 hour into our stay. Lynn at the front desk is an unbelievable miracle worker. After a grueling ride, what a treat to encounter such excellent customer service . We are looking forward to an amazing anniversary weekend!

• Stayed: May 2014