1,558 results
All reviewsliberty bellold cityamerican revolutionafternoon tea and cookieshistoric sitesgreat locationwithin walking distancewine and cheeseacross the streetparking passchestnut streetsmall hotelbetsy ross housecharming hotelwould stay here againfew blocksyogurt
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is in a historic building. Small...more like a boutique hotel. Clean, clean, clean. Everything we needed for two adults and two kids in the room. Smack dab in the center of Independence Park.

1  Thank vallonio
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel proved to be the perfect choice for us to walk to most of the tour busses, museums, historical sites and hear lectures by officials in the historical backgrounds of constitution, history of founding fathers and to participate in local food culture at it's finest. The lobby furniture was perfect for lounging after a day of touring and listening to lectures. The hotel furnished some extras which made the lobby very comfortable for all the guests. The computer was located in a location that was convenient and we were able to transact our business for the day. Breakfast was especially pleasant with beautiful surroundings and great food. The service was by friendly, responsive ladies who earned our tips.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
InnsOfDistinction, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Joan D

Thanks for staying with us and for your gracious review posted on TripAdvisor. It sounded as if you had a great stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our prime location, the comfortable and outfitted lobby and our accommodating staff. And I appreciate your telling the world on these facts when you posted your comments on line.

So, thanks again..we appreciate your business. Please come again.

JM

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went beyond expectations. Staff was attentive, location can't be beat. Breakfast offered a nice variety, and afternoon tea and cookies fit right in with the setting. A value for the dollar as well. Left my laptop. I was only about 10 miles down the road when Craig, receptionist, called. Said I'd left it and they would keep it at the desk until I returned. When I pulled up to the curb, I didn't even have to get out of the car, he came out and gave it to me. Now, that's service!

Room Tip: Recommend room not fronting Chestnut Street. Hotel cannot stop noise nor overcome it from the local loud bands playing on the weekend, but being in the back of the building would probably help. Otherwise, rooms are pleasing.
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I wasn't even her 24 hours and had the best experience. Lynn was who I felt with when I got there. She was awesome. So knowledgeable about the city and so accommodating.

The building was so old, yet the classy, modern fixtures really created such a characteristic place. And the location! Three blocks from the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall.

I really fell in love with Philadelphia on this visit and when I come again, I will certainly be staying here! I can hardly wait to plan the trip!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Historic hotel located very close to Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. Room with 2 double beds was a bit small, but overall kids loved location, breakfast (Liberty bell waffles!), cookies, and staff. Staff was extremely helpful. Fridge in room, microwave in general area to use. No pool but we were here for sights. Extremely clean room. Bed is really comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western