Loved that there are only 36 rooms in this boutique hotel! We never had problems with noise or getting an elevator. We were very impressed with how clean this hotel stayed throughout our visit. The breakfasts there are really good - great selection with meat every morning. (Do not be fooled if booking through Orbitz. They tried to "upsell" meat in our breakfast but the hotel offers the same breakfast buffet to everybody.) After reading others' reviews, we requested a room at the back of the hotel, away from elevators, on an upper floor. We were on the fifth floor (highest floor). We had no view at all BUT it was very, very quiet. The bed was very comfortable. Linens and toiletries were all nice. We had a queen room with fridge/microwave combo which was nice as there are small stores around and we could pick up drinks and snacks. Hotel staff was very accommodating.
The location cannot be beat! You are literally half a block, and across the street, from Independence Square! On top of that, you are on Chestnut Street which is full of eclectic restaurants and nightlife. We found the location unbeatable. Hotel staff had encouraged us not to rent a car (this was a first for us as we always rent a car). They were right! We walked everywhere, even to the Art Museum district which was a few miles but a wonderful walk with plenty to see.
We really appreciated that the hotel staff stored our luggage for us on the last day when our flight was cancelled and we had an entire extra day to fill before leaving that night. That took a huge burden off of us. When we were ready to leave, they even called a cab for us. Excellent desk service!
We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and we would be happy to stay there again unless one of us had a mobility issue. I only had one complaint about this hotel and it's not their fault. I was in a wheelchair temporarily due to Achilles Tendon Reconstruction. While they offered to put out the ramp for us, there is no room for it. This is a historic building and the sidewalks are very, very old and narrow. To get them to put the ramp out, we had to go in and get them then wait til they could do it. Since I was able to walk, just not for a distance, I would always get out of the chair and walk in myself then hold all the doors open for my husband to get the chair in. Again, not the hotels fault BUT, if you are in a chair or use a walker or scooter, this is the wrong hotel for you due to accessibility issues and the rooms, while very nice and comfy, are not large enough for extra accessibility issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're planning to "Visit Philly" this Autumn or Winter, be sure to stay the night at the Independence Park Hotel. We're located in Philadelphia's Historic District and the perfect spot to explore the city, catch a ball game, enjoy a show or just have fun! Stay with us and walk to the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Ben Franklin's Post Office, Betsy Ross's House, the National Constitution Center and Penn's Landing. Plus, there are dozens of great restaurants, art galleries and museums to wander through in our historic neighborhood. And if you're in Philadelphia on business, you will love our convenient location, free high speed Internet, complimentary 24/7 business pulse center and our award winning and pretty delicious complimentary continental breakfast. We are close to many corporate and government headquarters, as well as universities and renowned hospitals. Stay a night or longer and when you do, we promise to take good care of you. So, relax and enjoy our stunning architecture and host of complimentary modern comforts, designed to exceed today's demanding traveler needs. Make the most of your visit to Philadelphia, stay at Independence Park Hotel. Come be our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Best Western