Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel
US$208
US$214
US$185
1,557 results
All reviewsliberty bellamerican revolutionold cityafternoon tea and cookieshistoric sitesgreat locationwithin walking distancewine and cheeseevery afternoonacross the streetparking passchestnut streetsmall hotelcity taverncharming hotelbetsy ross houseshort walk
Reviewed 20 June 2014

What a gem of a hotel a short walk from everything important in Philly. A spotless, incredible staff, comfortable, caring, small, homey gem!!! Luxury bedding, full breakfast is a sun lit room, fresh cookies and fresh lemon water, lights you can really read by in your room, a front desk staff that will help get you anywhere and a great garage system so you can park your car and then walk everywhere… the Liberty Bell or a Phiily cheese steak sandwich!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
InnsOfDistinction, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear clawrencecarold,

We certainly appreciate your staying with us at the Best Western and for your very kind review. Thanks, so much for both!

You are correct, our location in Philadelphia is ideal..."a short walk from everything important". That's a very accurate comment and one we just may use again!

I am also pleased that you found our hotel to be "spotless" to have an " incredible staff" and that we were "comfortable, caring," and a " homey gem!!! This is great news.

Anyway, I am pleased that we helped make your visit to Philadelphia a success...I hope you can return soon!

THANKS

JM

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Can't beat the location in the historic heart of the city. Comfortable bed, clean room, lovely lobby, friendly staff and good breakfast. We requested and received the handicapped-accessible room, which was conveniently located behind the registration area. The clerk suggested closing the bathroom door to block any potential noise in case someone was checking out early; we heard nothing. Shower bench requested when booking was waiting for us in the room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
InnsOfDistinction, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear calligcat

Thanks for staying with us at the Best Western Independence Park Hotel and for telling the world how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate both.

Your review had so many gracious comments about your visit, "Comfortable bed, clean room...friendly staff...good breakfast" and others.

But what I enjoyed reading the most is that the special request you made when securing your reservation, was properly handled and delivered to your room as you wished. This is very good news!

So, thanks for staying at the Best Western Independence Park Hotel...come back soon!

JM

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Loved that there are only 36 rooms in this boutique hotel! We never had problems with noise or getting an elevator. We were very impressed with how clean this hotel stayed throughout our visit. The breakfasts there are really good - great selection with meat every morning. (Do not be fooled if booking through Orbitz. They tried to "upsell" meat in our breakfast but the hotel offers the same breakfast buffet to everybody.) After reading others' reviews, we requested a room at the back of the hotel, away from elevators, on an upper floor. We were on the fifth floor (highest floor). We had no view at all BUT it was very, very quiet. The bed was very comfortable. Linens and toiletries were all nice. We had a queen room with fridge/microwave combo which was nice as there are small stores around and we could pick up drinks and snacks. Hotel staff was very accommodating.

The location cannot be beat! You are literally half a block, and across the street, from Independence Square! On top of that, you are on Chestnut Street which is full of eclectic restaurants and nightlife. We found the location unbeatable. Hotel staff had encouraged us not to rent a car (this was a first for us as we always rent a car). They were right! We walked everywhere, even to the Art Museum district which was a few miles but a wonderful walk with plenty to see.

We really appreciated that the hotel staff stored our luggage for us on the last day when our flight was cancelled and we had an entire extra day to fill before leaving that night. That took a huge burden off of us. When we were ready to leave, they even called a cab for us. Excellent desk service!

We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and we would be happy to stay there again unless one of us had a mobility issue. I only had one complaint about this hotel and it's not their fault. I was in a wheelchair temporarily due to Achilles Tendon Reconstruction. While they offered to put out the ramp for us, there is no room for it. This is a historic building and the sidewalks are very, very old and narrow. To get them to put the ramp out, we had to go in and get them then wait til they could do it. Since I was able to walk, just not for a distance, I would always get out of the chair and walk in myself then hold all the doors open for my husband to get the chair in. Again, not the hotels fault BUT, if you are in a chair or use a walker or scooter, this is the wrong hotel for you due to accessibility issues and the rooms, while very nice and comfy, are not large enough for extra accessibility issues.

Room Tip: Choose a room from the second floor up and towards the back of the hotel, away from elevators. Chestnut Street can get loud on the weekends (we never heard it at the back of the fifth floor). Be sure to specify "away from elevators". Our floor had three rooms in a foyer with the elevator. Cannot imagine that being any fun. We had a fridge/microwave combo in our room and there are several small stores in the area so you can pick up drinks and snacks.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lacey C
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I booked this hotel last minute as the hostel I wanted to stay at got my reservation incorrect. Of course, the price is WAY different than my hostel but I expected that. I just wanted to stay in this neighborhood. My view was overlooking the skywindow, which wasn't very nice and I got little light but I didn't spend time in the room anyway except to sleep so it wasn't an issue. I stayed in the front tower, so there were only a few rooms on my floor which definitely helped with the noise. That being said, someone slammed their door in the middle of the night and I almost had a heart-attack because it sounded like it was my room door, being that all the rooms are very close together. Staff was friendly, and the water in the lobby was great after a day out exploring. The continental breakfast was outstanding. There are vending machines, but they only offer drinks and no snacks, which was disappointing. Overall, an acceptable stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a street view and not a skylight view if you want more sunlight!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2014

upon check in our room temp. was quite comfortable. a couple of hours later the room was warming up a lot. at the desk Angie from housekeeping said she knew exactly what to do. a few moments later our room temp was noticeably falling and we had no problem the next three nights and did not have to wait on maintenance. thanks so much! this is a beautiful hotel that is right in the heart of everything. they could sure use a hand rail or two at the front door. great time, and we will stay again mike and peggy f.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple