1,558 results
All reviews liberty bell old city american revolution afternoon tea and cookies historic sites great location within walking distance wine and cheese across the street parking pass chestnut street small hotel betsy ross house charming hotel would stay here again few blocks yogurt
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We spent two nights here in order to explore the historic attractions of Philadelphia. As the hotel is very close to Independence Hall, we did not have to use our car once while we were there.
Parking is available at a public garage around the corner for just $ 16 for 24 hours.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. You feel at home right away. We even got a room on the highest (5th) floor, which I had requested with my booking.
The only downside during our stay was the construction (or rather demolition) work across the street, which woke us very early in the morning. If you ask for a room not facing the street, you won't have this problem.

Room Tip: Due to construction work, ask for a room facing the rear of the building.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank PeeVee67
InnsOfDistinction, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear PeeVee67

It's time to come back and see us...the demolition across the street has come to an end. No more hammers, no more noise, just removal of bricks and debris...so this is good news. Yes, very good news.

And so it the great review that you placed on TripAdvisor, thanks.

We appreciate your positive comments about our staff, how very friendly and helpful they are. I especially enjoyed your statement on how we made you feel "at home right away"

Anyway, we thank you for the gracious review and we look forward to your returning soon.

THANKS

Reviewed 20 June 2014

What a gem of a hotel a short walk from everything important in Philly. A spotless, incredible staff, comfortable, caring, small, homey gem!!! Luxury bedding, full breakfast is a sun lit room, fresh cookies and fresh lemon water, lights you can really read by in your room, a front desk staff that will help get you anywhere and a great garage system so you can park your car and then walk everywhere… the Liberty Bell or a Phiily cheese steak sandwich!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear clawrencecarold,

We certainly appreciate your staying with us at the Best Western and for your very kind review. Thanks, so much for both!

You are correct, our location in Philadelphia is ideal..."a short walk from everything important". That's a very accurate comment and one we just may use again!

I am also pleased that you found our hotel to be "spotless" to have an " incredible staff" and that we were "comfortable, caring," and a " homey gem!!! This is great news.

Anyway, I am pleased that we helped make your visit to Philadelphia a success...I hope you can return soon!

THANKS

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Can't beat the location in the historic heart of the city. Comfortable bed, clean room, lovely lobby, friendly staff and good breakfast. We requested and received the handicapped-accessible room, which was conveniently located behind the registration area. The clerk suggested closing the bathroom door to block any potential noise in case someone was checking out early; we heard nothing. Shower bench requested when booking was waiting for us in the room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
InnsOfDistinction, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear calligcat

Thanks for staying with us at the Best Western Independence Park Hotel and for telling the world how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate both.

Your review had so many gracious comments about your visit, "Comfortable bed, clean room...friendly staff...good breakfast" and others.

But what I enjoyed reading the most is that the special request you made when securing your reservation, was properly handled and delivered to your room as you wished. This is very good news!

So, thanks for staying at the Best Western Independence Park Hotel...come back soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Loved that there are only 36 rooms in this boutique hotel! We never had problems with noise or getting an elevator. We were very impressed with how clean this hotel stayed throughout our visit. The breakfasts there are really good - great selection with meat every morning. (Do not be fooled if booking through Orbitz. They tried to "upsell" meat in our breakfast but the hotel offers the same breakfast buffet to everybody.) After reading others' reviews, we requested a room at the back of the hotel, away from elevators, on an upper floor. We were on the fifth floor (highest floor). We had no view at all BUT it was very, very quiet. The bed was very comfortable. Linens and toiletries were all nice. We had a queen room with fridge/microwave combo which was nice as there are small stores around and we could pick up drinks and snacks. Hotel staff was very accommodating.

The location cannot be beat! You are literally half a block, and across the street, from Independence Square! On top of that, you are on Chestnut Street which is full of eclectic restaurants and nightlife. We found the location unbeatable. Hotel staff had encouraged us not to rent a car (this was a first for us as we always rent a car). They were right! We walked everywhere, even to the Art Museum district which was a few miles but a wonderful walk with plenty to see.

We really appreciated that the hotel staff stored our luggage for us on the last day when our flight was cancelled and we had an entire extra day to fill before leaving that night. That took a huge burden off of us. When we were ready to leave, they even called a cab for us. Excellent desk service!

We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and we would be happy to stay there again unless one of us had a mobility issue. I only had one complaint about this hotel and it's not their fault. I was in a wheelchair temporarily due to Achilles Tendon Reconstruction. While they offered to put out the ramp for us, there is no room for it. This is a historic building and the sidewalks are very, very old and narrow. To get them to put the ramp out, we had to go in and get them then wait til they could do it. Since I was able to walk, just not for a distance, I would always get out of the chair and walk in myself then hold all the doors open for my husband to get the chair in. Again, not the hotels fault BUT, if you are in a chair or use a walker or scooter, this is the wrong hotel for you due to accessibility issues and the rooms, while very nice and comfy, are not large enough for extra accessibility issues.

Room Tip: Choose a room from the second floor up and towards the back of the hotel, away from elevators. Chestnut Street can get loud on the weekends (we never heard it at the back of the fifth floor). Be sure to specify "away from elevators". Our floor had three rooms in a foyer with the elevator. Cannot imagine that being any fun. We had a fridge/microwave combo in our room and there are several small stores in the area so you can pick up drinks and snacks.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lacey C
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I booked this hotel last minute as the hostel I wanted to stay at got my reservation incorrect. Of course, the price is WAY different than my hostel but I expected that. I just wanted to stay in this neighborhood. My view was overlooking the skywindow, which wasn't very nice and I got little light but I didn't spend time in the room anyway except to sleep so it wasn't an issue. I stayed in the front tower, so there were only a few rooms on my floor which definitely helped with the noise. That being said, someone slammed their door in the middle of the night and I almost had a heart-attack because it sounded like it was my room door, being that all the rooms are very close together. Staff was friendly, and the water in the lobby was great after a day out exploring. The continental breakfast was outstanding. There are vending machines, but they only offer drinks and no snacks, which was disappointing. Overall, an acceptable stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a street view and not a skylight view if you want more sunlight!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo