Had to stay in Philly for one night. Wanted to be in the historic district that we were familiar with so we chose BW Plus Independence Park for this stay. Check-in went smoothly but parking was a little tricky since it was raining cats and dogs. (a few loaner umbrellas would be a nice addition to the lobby) Lobby was decorated very nice and staircase was center of historic room. However, when ascending the staircase, some old rusty piping was bare and the baseboards were removed causing a bad feeling while going to the room. Taking the elevator would avoid seeing this but also one would lose-out on the "historic" aspect of the building. Room was small, clean and decorated nicely. The bathroom was a good size and was clean. Light and fan came on simultaneously which meant if one got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, the other woke up. Only one night, so no biggy for us. Flat screen TV was large and worked great with lots of channels. Room chair was very pretty. Check-out went smoothly and front desk staff was very quick and friendly. Housekeeping found my husband's reading glasses and rushed them to the front desk before we turned in our parking card. Value was a bit pricey for room size. Wish I could have dropped the price a little by using some Reward Points but BW Rewards is an all or nothing type system.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're planning to "Visit Philly" this Autumn or Winter, be sure to stay the night at the Independence Park Hotel. We're located in Philadelphia's Historic District and the perfect spot to explore the city, catch a ball game, enjoy a show or just have fun! Stay with us and walk to the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Ben Franklin's Post Office, Betsy Ross's House, the National Constitution Center and Penn's Landing. Plus, there are dozens of great restaurants, art galleries and museums to wander through in our historic neighborhood. And if you're in Philadelphia on business, you will love our convenient location, free high speed Internet, complimentary 24/7 business pulse center and our award winning and pretty delicious complimentary continental breakfast. We are close to many corporate and government headquarters, as well as universities and renowned hospitals. Stay a night or longer and when you do, we promise to take good care of you. So, relax and enjoy our stunning architecture and host of complimentary modern comforts, designed to exceed today's demanding traveler needs. Make the most of your visit to Philadelphia, stay at Independence Park Hotel. Come be our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Best Western