“A nice surprise”

Khyber Pass Pub
Ranked #67 of 4,339 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: City Center East
Chicago, Illinois
“A nice surprise”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed the retro decor with a menu filled with BBQ and Cajun favorites. My friend and I were hungry and just picked any place to eat and Khyber had good food and a nice choice of beers to choose from.

Visited July 2014

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Bacon Grease Popcorn - who knew?!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This looks like a dive of a place, but is a great city find. A unique menu of creole/Southern food, peppered with their own concoctions (bacon grease popcorn is a must try) makes for a great selection and a fun meal. If you are a person who likes to try new things, you will love this place. A bit cramped, but you get to know your bar/table neighbors this way!

Dingmans Ferry, PA, USA
“Great beer and comfort good”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

If you enjoy a bar atmosphere with a large and divers beer menu plus comfort food, this is the ticket. The jumbalya is great and the best Mac and cheese you could imagine. Po boys are many and the catfish is great.

Visited May 2014
Hyde Park, New York
“Good ribs hot collard greens”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The atmosphere was loud and bar like but that is what we expected and it was fine. I ordered ribs, macaroni and cheese, and collard greens. The mac & cheese was great. The collards were prepared in very hot spicy sauce which was too hot for me. The ribs were good although not the best I have ever had. I would go back here and skip the collards.

• Visited May 2014
Linden, New Jersey
“Excellent Drinks....”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Me and my wife went there to start our day seeing Philadelphia after Seeing David Bromberg the night before. We were still hung over, but they took care of us at the Khyber Pass Pub.After some confusion with our Hostess/Server, we were given our drinks. My wife's Bloody Mary (New Orleans Style) was Excellent!!!! Unique with a chunk of Okra in it, which we were leery about, was really pretty good !!! Spicy, yet tolerable.... I had the Bullfrog IPA, which was so cloudy you couldn't see thru it, was fantastic !!! A very good tasting beer, no bitter aftertaste. They have Daily Craft Beer Specials, so be sure to check the board at the door... They have a big back room, which you wouldn't know if you didn't investigate the place. A place for locals AND visitors alike, you know it has to be good. AND, any bar that gives you 50% off a drink if you return one of their pilfered beer glasses ( no questions asked) ) is A OK in my book. Didn't try the New Orleans Brunch, But it looked Damned Good....

• Visited April 2014