“Excellent Indian food, well prepared and tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tiffin

Tiffin
Ranked #1,061 of 4,341 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Indian food, well prepared and tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is our 'go to" Indian restaurant, and we've been to many. The Tikka Masala is outstanding, along with the Korma. So good, we always get it each time we go. I think we've been to this restaurant at least six times in the last year. Food is consistently good, large portions and spices just about right. This is a BYOB, and I usually bring a couple of beers with me. The service tends to be a little slow, and maybe understaffed for the peak times. Not a big place maybe 12 tables, ample parking in the shared lot.

• Visited October 2013

Estes Park, Colorado
“Great Indian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

I used to live near the location in Fishtown so I ordered takeout often from Tiffin. Now I'm in South Philly, so I was pleased to learn that they have a location here. The food was good. The restaurant interior is nice. A bit more upscale than I remember the location on Girard being (but it's been years since I have been to that location). BYO which is always nice because it keeps the price of dinner down.

• Visited August 2013
Philadelphia,PA
“Went for Happy Hour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

We hit their Broad and Carpenter location for happy house which on Saturdays is after 9pm. Sat at the bar and ate everything. Drink menue terrific as well!

Visited April 2013
Manlius, New York
“Ordered home delivery... Nice food, reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

Ordered lunch for delivery for 6 while visiting our daughter in Philly...
Lamb Biryani was EXCELLENT, as were Saag paneer, Chicken, and Naan...
Fresh and not overly spiced (though we could have done spicier)...
Large portions and we had leftovers for dinner, too

Got delayed in delivery and just as we started getting nervous and called, the delivery was at the door...

Surprisingly, food was still hot and did not need to be re-heated in microwave!!

• Visited November 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Check the Prices in Mt. Airy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

Tried to order a meal from Mt. Airy last night. The food is always hit or miss, but we ordered for the convenience. last night I realized my bill was almost $10 higher than it should have been. When I called back to question why, I was told they use a Tiffin menu up to 5pm, after 5 it is a different menu? Weird! I canceled my order.

By the way, this is not traditional Indian food. It is Americanized.

• Visited November 2012