“I'm stuffed!!!”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 4,538 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$51 - US$51
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: City Center East
Cross street: S. Juniper Street
Description: We are an authentic Churrascaria (Brazilian Steakhouse) from Rio Grande do Sul in southern Brazil which features superior service, unrivaled cuisine and a unique dining experience.You will be pampered by our authentic Gaucho chefs who come to your tableside to carve a variety of succulent meats right off their skewers. Our featured meats have been slow-roasted over an open flame and lightly seasoned to preserve the unique taste of each tender cut.Adding to our unique dining experience, you will be treated to a sumptuous, gourmet salad and vegetable bar featuring over 30 items including imported cheeses, cured meats, fresh vegetables and more. We complement your meal with traditional Brazilian side dishes such as caramelized bananas, crispy polenta, seasoned mashed potatoes and our world-famous cheese bread (pao de queijo).No meal is complete without trying a refreshing caipirinha, something from our award-winning wine list or one of our decadent desserts
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Come with an appetite and high expectations...this place is amazing and entertaining! Well worth the money...service is exceptional..you will be treated like royalty! Don't eat the salad bar if you want to leave room for the meat...lol

Write a ReviewReviews (1,038)

Reviewed 22 November 2013

After the incessant ravings by my brother about Fgo de Chao, with family convening in Philadelphia for a rare gathering, I made reservations at Fogo for 8; all agreed: it was an outstanding choice. Here is why.

Located a short walk from City Hall, the Philadelphia version of FdC occupies an old bank office. The architecture with its highly arched ceiling makes for a great space. After gathering at the bar, we were lead to our table. The routine was explained and we were let loose on the salad bar.

While the salad bar looked awesome, I only sampled a very few items, not wanting to fill up on veggies (which I normally do for dinner.) There was a nice array of fresh vegetables, roasted veggies, salads of various types and sliced cheese, prosciutto, and salmon. You could easily have made a meal from the salad table. As for specific items from the bar, the cocktail-sized tomatoes were red, reasonably ripe and sweet enough to indicate they were hothouse grown. There was something off with the broccoli, maybe it had soaked in water too long. I don't know how you ruin broccoli, but it was done. OTOH, the cold-smoked salmon was as good as any high-end Scottish smoked salmon I've enjoyed. Given a few bagels and cream cheese, I could have called it a night. But, I self-restrained and moved on to the meat of the matter.

The dining room circulates with FdC food servers carrying different cuts of meat on an array of skewers. Indicating that you are in meat-mode by turning a special coaster to the green side, the servers will stop and cut off the meat of your choice cooked to the doneness of your choice. I had the sausage, chicken and, on multiple occasions, top sirloin, bottom sirlon, filet mignon and two different cuts of lamb

The sausage was passable. The chicken was good but...meh...it's chicken. OTOH, the other red meats were perfectly rare-to-medium rare, distinctly flavored and lightly seasoned. The red meats were all thoroughly satisfying and about as good these meats can get.

I passed on dessert, preferring another piece of lamb. I did try the molten lava cake (which I make at home); it was a fair example of that type of dessert. If you know what a good molten lava cake is supposed to taste like, skip it. But, I didn't go to Fogo for dessert.

The dining room was crowded from the time of our arrival near 7pm until we left near 11pm. The atmosphere is that of elegant chaos with food servers carrying their wares and those seeking the salad bar in constant motion.

The $25 wine corkage fee is, IMHO, excessive. OTOH, the first class Australian Shiraz, Santa Barbara Syrah and Sonoma Zinfandel wines I opened made easy pairings.

Fogo De Chao offers a unique dining experience, offering an all-you-can-eat carnivorous experience paired with pretty fine dining at a fair price. There may be one near you.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Love Fogo de Chao. We've been to the one in DC several times. This one was just as great!! We were in Philadelphia during restaurant week and went for the $35 per person. The deal saved us money and the food is delicious. The salad bar is a meal by itself!! All of the meats were delicious. The service was great. Never had to wait for service.

Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

We always enjoy eating here. However, this night was not our usual experience. We dined late on a Thursday evening for our daughters birthday and it just wasn't good. The selection of meat was limited...my husband had to request pork. The meat was either dry or rare tonight, no medium well. Although we were disappointed, we will be back, this is one of our favorite restraints!

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I love everything about this place. It's my favorite restaurant to go when I want some good steak. My husband and I have been there many times and are always trying to bring a friend along. It's pricey but totally worthy for a special dinner.