“Great food, awesome sangria!”
Review of Tinto

Tinto
Reserve with OpenTable
Tinto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 4,428 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: City Center West
Cross street: Sansom
Transit: SEPTA: The 17, 21, and 42 buses stop near the restaurant. The Market-Frankford El stop is at 15th & Market.
Description: Tinto, an expression used to describe red wine served in pintxos bars throughout Northern Spain, is the ultimate expression of what a Basque wine bar should be. Located in Rittenhouse Square, the cozy restaurant, drawing inspiration from the rich cultural and culinary traditions of Basque country, inspires, tantalizes and satisfies with extraordinary cuisine by Chef Jose Garces. Specialties of the House Duck Montadito, Shrimp & Chorizo Brochettes, Short Rib Bocadillo, 60 bottle wine list from the Basque regions of N. Spain and S. France, and artisanal ciders. Private Parties: Tinto welcomes groups of all sizes. Events can be booked throughout the restaurant and in our private dining rooms seven days a week. For parties of 12 or more, please call our private events team to schedule your reservation at 267-284-7979 or email events@garcesgroup.com
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Let me start by saying that this is not your every day restaurant, it's expensive. But for the experience, the atmosphere, and the quality of the food, it is so worth it. I went there with my mom, we both consider ourselves foodies so this is something I thought we would both enjoy.
We started off with the Sangria Blanca. Between the two of us, the pitcher was gone before the end of the meal, it was so good! It's white wine with peachy undertones and lots of fresh fruit.
This was my first tapas experience, and all I knew about tapas was that it came in small plates, so I was worried that I might still leave hungry, man was I wrong. We ordered 7 dishes, it was more than enough for us. I highly recommend the wild mushrooms, the crispy potatoes(they come with this creamy delicious sauce, so good), and the paella (it was my first time having rabbit and it was delicious!).
If you're in Philly, and looking for a special place to go, this is it. And I would suggest making a reservation ahead of time.

There are newer reviews for Tinto

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Restaurant is absolutely transportive. Step in and you will feel a world away. Easily one of the best true tapas restaurants i've ever been to. Don't eat all day so that you can try as many dishes as possible. Great wine list. Finish with a PX. Do it!!!!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Found this one by accident. After walking so much and desperate to sit down, have a beer followed by an enjoyable meal, we stumbled upon this little gem. Good thing it was early enough and they set aside a few tables for people without reservations (recommended). That evening, they had a set menu of limited choices. They do that twice a year. It was a tapas style menu. The food was superb and tasty. The service was very friendly and attentive. I noticed during our trip that wine in restaurants is expensive in Pennsylvania. The experience at Tinto's was highly positive. For cost conscious travelers, this is not for you especially if you add a few drinks to the bill.

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Worth going out of my way 10 miles at 9 pm after a 6 hour flight.

Landed in Philadelphia and looked up a good Spanish restaurant. This one had almost 5tsrs with 250 reviews

Called and from then on the experience was great. Fantastic hottest who was encouraging me to come.

Parked easier the neighborhood is vibrant and full of life.

The place is just fantastic. The decoration and the ambiance are welcoming.

Wine is plentiful and good.

The variety of tapas was great.

Food was just amazing. The taste and the way it's presented. Crafted with care
It's all great so try it all.

I will return

Reviewed 29 September 2013

My wife and I have eaten in almost all of Jose Garces' restaurants in Philadelphia, and we've thoroughly enjoyed them all. However, Tinto is one of our favorites. Our meal there was during Center City Restaurant Week, when each of us had a choice of four courses and dessert.

The Serrano ham-wrapped figs' combined sweet and salty flavor was sublime. Our favorite tapa was pork belly Montadito, followed closely by duck Montadito. These were two of the tastiest dishes I've ever eaten.

I ordered the smoked chocolate torte with chestnut puree with sherry ice cream, and my wife got the cuajada, toffee and black pepper custards, with fig and pistachios. Both were outstanding!

The service and atmosphere were ideal. A fabulous, memorable meal!