“Excellent all around”
Review of XIX Nineteen

XIX Nineteen
Reserve with OpenTable
XIX Nineteen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #279 of 4,444 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Walnut Street
Description: Nineteen is an American Brasserie, cafe, bar & restaurant featuring sweeping views of the city's skyline from the 19th floor of the Hyatt at The Bellevue. Philadelphia's "highest" restaurant offers a seafood centric menu of new American dishes in a stylish atmosphere that combines the building's historic architectural elements with a warm & inviting design scheme.
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I'm actually surprised that the rating here isn't a bit higher. My wife and I went here for dinner after seeing Elf and we had a very nice time here. We had early reservations on a Sat evening so the place wasn't very busy, but by the time we left, it was beginning to fill up. In my reservation, I asked for a table by the window, which we got, but unfortunately my side was covered by drapery, but at least my wife got to look out. The overall ambience in here is very elegant! It's name comes from the fact that it sits up on the 19th floor of the Park Hyatt.

Our waitress took very good care of us and even chatted with us for a bit when she realized by wife was from the South, as was she. Her recommendations were spot on. My wife started with the calamari, which was lightly fried and came with a sweet and sour sauce with some peppers on the side. I went with the XIX salad with a crab cake on the side. Both were excellent appetizers along with the complimentary bread basket. The cranberry bread was my favorite and they give you butter topped with sea salt to spread on the bread. For our entrees, I went with the steak frites while my wife had the scallops. Both were very good, but my wife liked my meal better, especially the truffle fries! For dessert, we had the cookie cake and the tiramisu. The tiramisu is not your typical tiramisu and while it wasn't bad, I wouldn't order it again. The cookie cake was delicious though.

Would definitely come back here again, but would probably do so when out for a special evening rather than just a dinner after the show.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Even though I was dressed casually, I felt welcome and comfortable here. The staff is professional and swift, and I lacked for nothing. I was there for the breakfast buffet, and treated myself to fresh eggs, sausage, croissant, fruit, and more.

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Visited here for dinner with a large group and had a great experience. Ambience of place is very good and staff is very helpful and courteous. Food was very tasty and views from restaurant are fabulous.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Outstanding chef Bryant. Every dish was a flavor explosion! Had the tile fish with citrus fig reduction to die for. Steak with mushroom and beans was amazing. Pecan chocolate bourbon tart was terrific.
Great lunch deal 3 courses and a drink for 22.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The opulent setting is nearly as good as it gets,especially if you are seated at a window overlooking the City.We were warmly greeted by a smiling hostess who showed us to our seats.Steve, our server,was friendly yet professional thoroughout our stay.His colleagues,who brought the courses were pleasant and efficient,knowing who got what plate without asking.The Maryland oysters couldn't be better,though there were a couple miniscule one's in the mix.The mussels were flavorful and well prepared.The pork Osso Bucco was excellent.It was moist and exceedingly tender and tasty,accompanied by freshly sauteed kale.The chicken and the scallop choices were equally as good.All five of us commented about how much we enjoyed our experience