“Five star all the way”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Spruce Hill Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Philadelphia
Spruce Hill Manor
Ranked #3 of 25 Philadelphia B&B and Inns
Cincinnati
“Five star all the way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

The rave reviews I read were all correct about this B & B. Janet is a wonderful hostess and was extremely helpful with info about the Philadelphia area. The breakfast had several items to choose from and were served beautifully. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Forget the big chain hotels next time you're in Philadelphia, and head on over to Spruce Hill Manor. My girlfriend, her cousin, and I stayed there for the Made in America Festival (about a mile walk, so not bad) and the entire experience well exceeded our expectations. Janet was friendly and accomodating, and the place itself is superb. Very clean too - I haven't even stayed in hotel rooms this clean and well-maintained.

Be sure to check it out!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

My stay at Spruce Hill Manor couldn´t have been better. I initially made my choice based primarily on the great reviews I´ve read on this page and I must say that the experience went far beyond my expectations, however high they were.
To begin with, even before I travelled to the States I learnt I´ve been upgraded to a better, more spacious room with four windows overlooking the garden. And this, at no extra charge at all.
Janet went beyond her way to please my every need giving me advice on the types of attractions to visit, where to eat at affordable prices and even being mindful of how I took my coffee in the mornings. She even treated me to a visit to the Philadelphia Museum of Art on the last day. At the same time, Janet is very respectful of her guests' privacy and you never feel like she´s intruding in any way.
Without a doubt, the place to stay at when visiting Philly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SoniaL0606
Sèvres, Ile-de-France, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

When we arrive, Janet was so friendly, she told us that as her daughter was not living here anymore, then guests are her new children.
She upgraded us in the Billie Holiday room. The place is quiet, you can park on the street.
She gave us many informations about what to see, where to eat....
The place is 10 minutes away from the town center and there are many restaurants around.
Breakfast was great too, with many choices such as cakes and quiches..
We only stay one night, but as it was our wedding anniversary, she gave us nice cards about wines and champagnes ( we are French...!)

Room Tip: All the rooms are different and quite, check on the internet to make your choice
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Spruce Hill Manor is a lovely, beautifully maintained place to stay which is close to so much that Philadelphia has to offer. But the proprietor, Janet, makes it even more special. She takes a personal interest in her guests and does her utmost to make their stay with her as happy and enjoyable as possible. I stayed for 5 days while re-locating from South Africa to Philadelphia, and Janet helped me in so many ways with lifts, contacts, suggestions. I recommend Spruce Hill Manor without any hesitation.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

The place is very charming! My boyfriend and I stayed here for our weekend trip to Philly.
Janet was such an amazing host! She drove us down to the visitor center and gave us tips about how to tour the city. She even drove us to the bus stop on the day we left.
The property was well maintained. The courtyard was so cute! We stayed at the first floor library room. The room is definitely big enough for two people. The decoration of the property was so unique.
Highly recommend to stay at this place!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Tiburon, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

My husband and I recently spent four nights at Spruce Hill Manor. The accomodations were wonderful and the service was extraordinary. Snacks were always available and there were many delicious choices for breakfast. Janet was very friendly and helpful and went out of her way to make our stay enjoyable. She offered to drive us to restaurants and museums, accomodated my dietary needs, and sent us on our way with some parting gifts. We'll definitely come back the next time we are in Philadelphia.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple