“highly recommended!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Spruce Hill Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Philadelphia
Spruce Hill Manor
Ranked #3 of 25 Philadelphia B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“highly recommended!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Janet is the best! great service, she helped me with everything I needed!
The place is beautiful and really clean, the area is very nice and quiet.
The BB is near the universities and fairly close to the art museum, she can drive you there if she has the time to do so, you can walk to the train station from the BB and its only $6 to the airport!

1 Thank YY-Hearts2travel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

The room was lovely and comfortable, (while the bed was comfortable, every time my partner moved in the night, I felt it, and vice versa); the location convenient; the neighborhood nice to walk around; and the host friendly. The host, Janet, tried to meet our requests for information about specific places to see in Philly, and for local restaurant choices. She gave excellent directions for driving trips, and offered sincerely to allow us to leave our bags later than check-out time, and to drive us to the station.
It is a little odd for a "full-service" B&B to have no cooked breakfast, but the breakfast food was plentiful and tasty, and there are many choices for tea available 24 hours a day, along with snacks.
Walking distance (1 mile) from 30th Street Station, and even closer to 34th St. Station; walking distance to Drexel and U.Penn.
I would return.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights. I have chosen this because of close proximity to exam centre. Janet hospitality is truly unforgettable. This is just like stay at home. I took a flight to Newark International airport. From this airport there is Amtrak connection to 30th street, Philadelphia. This B &B is about 7min by taxi from the train station. These transport links made my journey more comfortable. I took a meal in Sitar Indian Restaurant which is about 15min walk from here. I would also recommend this restaurant for their quality and taste.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed only one evening at Spruce Hill. The home is absolutely marvelous. This is a 1870’s city home with a great porch, wonderful rooms and in a quite area. It was like stepping back in time with the home in tremendous shape with furniture to match. We had the Audubon Queen Suite and it was superb. Breakfast was great and fresh figs! This will definitely be where we stay on any future visit. A great place to stay!! Thanks again!

Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

The rave reviews I read were all correct about this B & B. Janet is a wonderful hostess and was extremely helpful with info about the Philadelphia area. The breakfast had several items to choose from and were served beautifully. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Forget the big chain hotels next time you're in Philadelphia, and head on over to Spruce Hill Manor. My girlfriend, her cousin, and I stayed there for the Made in America Festival (about a mile walk, so not bad) and the entire experience well exceeded our expectations. Janet was friendly and accomodating, and the place itself is superb. Very clean too - I haven't even stayed in hotel rooms this clean and well-maintained.

Be sure to check it out!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

My stay at Spruce Hill Manor couldn´t have been better. I initially made my choice based primarily on the great reviews I´ve read on this page and I must say that the experience went far beyond my expectations, however high they were.
To begin with, even before I travelled to the States I learnt I´ve been upgraded to a better, more spacious room with four windows overlooking the garden. And this, at no extra charge at all.
Janet went beyond her way to please my every need giving me advice on the types of attractions to visit, where to eat at affordable prices and even being mindful of how I took my coffee in the mornings. She even treated me to a visit to the Philadelphia Museum of Art on the last day. At the same time, Janet is very respectful of her guests' privacy and you never feel like she´s intruding in any way.
Without a doubt, the place to stay at when visiting Philly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo