“My best staying place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spruce Hill Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Philadelphia
Spruce Hill Manor
Ranked #2 of 25 Philadelphia B&B and Inns
Petah Tiqva, HaMerkaz, Israel
“My best staying place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I recently visited Philadelphia for a licensing exam and stayed 3 nights in the Spruce Hill Manor. Before I came Janet promoted my staying in one of her best rooms for a lesser price.
Janet arranged my everything I needed for my preparation including ironing my clothes before exam. Since it was raining she drove me to the place of exam. The place located very close to the Market street, train station and Museum of Art. While staying in Spruce Hill Manor I met visitors from Canada and Switzerland and they were also very happy with staying there.
Janet thank you very much, I've told you that you are the wonderful person!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank alishert2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Janet tailors the needs of all her guests. I came to Philly for a licensing exam, and she even offered and ironed my clothes for the next morning! The room was very comfortable and I was able to study peacefully as well as get an important good night's sleep. Janet had breakfast ready for my earlier start, and later gave me some goodies for my travels back home. Spruce Hill Manor is a quick walk to and from the station and situated in a nice surrounding neighborhood. A very pleasant experience! Just what I needed and more than I could have expected! I would certainly stay there again the next time I am in Philadelphia.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Staying in Spruce Hill Manor with Janet is like staying with your cousin She cares very much about the comfort & safety of her guests Nothing is too much trouble for Janet. She drove my husband &I to the restaurants on two occasions, drove us to the museum. There are snacks & fruits in the dining room at all times. The room & the bed are most comfortable. I even received a bottle of bubbly and souvenir for my birthday. This is the best B&B we have ever stayed

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Shirley9071
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Janet is the best! great service, she helped me with everything I needed!
The place is beautiful and really clean, the area is very nice and quiet.
The BB is near the universities and fairly close to the art museum, she can drive you there if she has the time to do so, you can walk to the train station from the BB and its only $6 to the airport!

1 Thank YY-Hearts2travel
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

The room was lovely and comfortable, (while the bed was comfortable, every time my partner moved in the night, I felt it, and vice versa); the location convenient; the neighborhood nice to walk around; and the host friendly. The host, Janet, tried to meet our requests for information about specific places to see in Philly, and for local restaurant choices. She gave excellent directions for driving trips, and offered sincerely to allow us to leave our bags later than check-out time, and to drive us to the station.
It is a little odd for a "full-service" B&B to have no cooked breakfast, but the breakfast food was plentiful and tasty, and there are many choices for tea available 24 hours a day, along with snacks.
Walking distance (1 mile) from 30th Street Station, and even closer to 34th St. Station; walking distance to Drexel and U.Penn.
I would return.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights. I have chosen this because of close proximity to exam centre. Janet hospitality is truly unforgettable. This is just like stay at home. I took a flight to Newark International airport. From this airport there is Amtrak connection to 30th street, Philadelphia. This B &B is about 7min by taxi from the train station. These transport links made my journey more comfortable. I took a meal in Sitar Indian Restaurant which is about 15min walk from here. I would also recommend this restaurant for their quality and taste.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed only one evening at Spruce Hill. The home is absolutely marvelous. This is a 1870’s city home with a great porch, wonderful rooms and in a quite area. It was like stepping back in time with the home in tremendous shape with furniture to match. We had the Audubon Queen Suite and it was superb. Breakfast was great and fresh figs! This will definitely be where we stay on any future visit. A great place to stay!! Thanks again!