Spruce Hill Manor
US$161
US$236
US$215
  • Free Internet
All reviewsb buniversity citybillie holidayyogurtbed and breakfastlibrary roomlovely homehomemade quichewhite coatcs examhome away from homeprivate bathmini kitchenfairmount parkcomplimentary wineplace to stayother guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

The best thing about Spruce Hill manor is the host, Janet – incredibly kind, accommodating, and helpful. The home is fairly old with several rooms to choose from. Ours was very spacious with its own mini-kitchen. We enjoyed the pastry and tea selections available at all hours of the day in the dining area.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We chose Spruce Hill as our place to stay while on a five day vacation to the Philly area. It was a wonderful choice! The rooms are lovely, but the true charm of Spruce Hill is the owner, Janet. From the moment we arrived Janet was there to make us feel immediately at home and welcome. When we walked into the well appointed (and Large!) room my husband and I both commented on how the atmosphere wasn't like a "hotel", it felt like I was staying with a distant aunt. Janet is so helpful and accommodating, if you needed anything all you had to do was ask. The house was in beautiful shape and you could tell was treated with much love. I hated to leave Philly, and I think the majority of that sadness was due to leaving Spruce Hill.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Spruce Hill Manor was the perfect place to stay for a weekend in Philadelphia! The rooms were charming and exactly as pictured on the webiste. Janet, the innkeeper, was wonderful and extremely accommodating. Breakfast in her dining room was the best with quiche, wonderful breads, and coffee, juice, etc. The inn is located within walking distance of several good eating spots and not too far from Philadelphia points of interest. We will definitely go back for another visit!

Room Tip: They are all beautiful! Check the website for photos and details!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at Spruce Hill Manor in October to celebrate our anniversary. We could not have picked a better B&B. Janet set a new standard in hospitality! She made every effort to make our weekend special. This included a free room upgrade and a surprise bottle of wine and a souvenir gift to remember our stay. Additionally, she is very pro-military and gave us an additional discount and was proud to tell me about her father who served in WWII. The house was well decorated with a Victorian style and included original windows and some furniture. The well stocked dinning room with healthy/organic snacks for all day enjoyment was a nice touch. Breakfast was excellent. For transit into downtown Philli we used the public Tram which had a stop one block from Spruce Hill manor. Bottom line, this is a great choice for couples wanting a nice getaway stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank christomjacobson
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I recently went to Philadelphia for an interview and chose to stay at the Spruce Hill Manor because it is very close to where I had to be. I felt welcome from the moment Janet opened the door for me. My room was beautiful and inviting, and so comfortable that I overslept even though I had been sleeping horribly when I arrived. Janet was kind enough to drive me to my appointment to keep me from being late. The manor is gorgeous and the decorative details throughout the house are very tasteful and appropriate to each ambiance. I specially love the dining room, which always has something to snack on and delicious cinnamon babka. I will soon return to Philadelphia and am looking forward to staying with Janet again.

Room Tip: Each room is unique and special.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo