“Outstanding choice”
Review of Spruce Hill Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Philadelphia
Spruce Hill Manor
Ranked #4 of 25 Philadelphia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Spruce Hill Manor is one of the best places to be in Philly! The house, the bedrooms, the garden, the breakfast and the neighborhood are perfect, but most of all Janet, the innkeeper, is what makes this place the most special B&B @ Philly. I lived in Philly and I also have been at other B&B in Philly, both in center city and also in the university city, but Spruce Hill Manor is by far the best. Janet we love you!
Napo & Livia

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Janet Reitano, Innkeeper, goes way beyond the call of duty. Her wish is to accommodate! She'll even offer to drive you to wherever you have to go in the area! Waking up at 5AM for a flight? She'll wake up as well and have a pot of coffee and breakfast ready for you. The Inn is beautiful, clean, cozy and quiet, beds are comfortable, there is food out always for snacks and if you happen to miss breakfast and want something that is not out, Janet will be happy to get it for you. You'll even get a bottle of wine! I can't say enough about how wonderful it is to stay here. My son just graduated from Penn, and I only found out about this Inn in April. So I've been there twice. I only wish I had known about it for the four years that my son was in Philly! I will be recommending it to anyone I know traveling there in the future. Don't bother with the hotels, or Airbnb. This is definitely a cut above the rest!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CathyInSantaMonica
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great proprietor. Janet was warm, friendly, helpful and great to talk to. The B&B is beautiful, well-maintained and graciously appointed. Special dietary needs were cheerfully accommodated. We had hoped to stay in city center on this trip, but this location was very convenient and was not disappointing at all. Very easy to get to the Barnes Foundation, Philadelphia Museum of Art, and downtown.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tvojt
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Spruce Hill Manor is a well-maintained B&B located in University City, a very nice neighborhood for walking or jogging. The house is beautiful, and the rooms are pleasantly arranged with antique furnishings.

It's a very well run B&B. The innkeeper, Janet, was extremely helpful. This was my first trip to Philly, and she provided me with a bunch of maps and advice to find my way around. She really went the extra mile to make sure my stay was comfortable.

The breakfast was outstanding. Every morning, there was a loaf of fresh bread in the dining room. Fresh fruit, milk & cereal, yoghurt, and pastries made for a pretty satisfying start to each day. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Adam T
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The host was very accommodating and kind. The property is just as wonderful. Very pricey in my opinion, but all my needs were met. For those needing to take the USMLE Step 2 CS Exam, this B&B is about 0.5 miles from the testing centers. I recommend this location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Y0ungLady
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband was hospitalized at the University of Penn Hospital. While he was in the hospital, I stayed at Spruce Hill Manor. It was a lovely and comforting place to return to at the end of a long, stressful day at the hospital. Janet and her staff were caring and helpful from calling taxis for me to doing my laundry to inquiring about my husband to having foods that accommodate my food allergies. I look forward to returning to Spruce Hill Manor but for pleasure, the next time!

Room Tip: each room has a microwave and refrigerator
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Spruce Hill Manor is a beautiful Bed and Breakfast. We spent five days there. I would recommend it to any body that wants to visit a conveniently located place in Philadelphia. Rooms are very clean and bright. Breakfast during the week was excellent, much more than I expected for a continental breakfast. Fresh fruit, tasty breads, coffee and much more. On the weekends, Janet bakes a delicious quiche.
Janet is a sweetheart, very attentive, generous and accommodating. My husband and I had a wonderful time chatting in the mornings with the other guests. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple