“Great find”
Review of Spruce Hill Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Philadelphia
Spruce Hill Manor
Ranked #4 of 25 Philadelphia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This place is an awesome gem, the neighborhood is quiet the rooms are spacious and full of character, from the dining room to the architecture it's well worth the stay. Janet the host is great the most helpful person you can imagine, she gave us great directions and maps of the areas and made our stay the most pleasant ever. We've been all over the USA and this is by far one of our top choices for a Bed and Breakfast. We're definitely coming back

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 June 2014

A delightful B&B in a quiet but fairly central neighbourhood. Comfortable and spacious rooms and the breakfast spread is delicious and included fresh fruit salad, home baked quiche and options of cereal etc. You can help yourself to tea, coffee and snacks anytime of the day. Janet the owner is so hospitable and goes out of her way to make your stay memorable. She is a gem.
A long way from New Zealand but I was made to feel completely at home here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Spruce Hill Manor is one of the best places to be in Philly! The house, the bedrooms, the garden, the breakfast and the neighborhood are perfect, but most of all Janet, the innkeeper, is what makes this place the most special B&B @ Philly. I lived in Philly and I also have been at other B&B in Philly, both in center city and also in the university city, but Spruce Hill Manor is by far the best. Janet we love you!
Napo & Livia

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Janet Reitano, Innkeeper, goes way beyond the call of duty. Her wish is to accommodate! She'll even offer to drive you to wherever you have to go in the area! Waking up at 5AM for a flight? She'll wake up as well and have a pot of coffee and breakfast ready for you. The Inn is beautiful, clean, cozy and quiet, beds are comfortable, there is food out always for snacks and if you happen to miss breakfast and want something that is not out, Janet will be happy to get it for you. You'll even get a bottle of wine! I can't say enough about how wonderful it is to stay here. My son just graduated from Penn, and I only found out about this Inn in April. So I've been there twice. I only wish I had known about it for the four years that my son was in Philly! I will be recommending it to anyone I know traveling there in the future. Don't bother with the hotels, or Airbnb. This is definitely a cut above the rest!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CathyInSantaMonica
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great proprietor. Janet was warm, friendly, helpful and great to talk to. The B&B is beautiful, well-maintained and graciously appointed. Special dietary needs were cheerfully accommodated. We had hoped to stay in city center on this trip, but this location was very convenient and was not disappointing at all. Very easy to get to the Barnes Foundation, Philadelphia Museum of Art, and downtown.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tvojt
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Spruce Hill Manor is a well-maintained B&B located in University City, a very nice neighborhood for walking or jogging. The house is beautiful, and the rooms are pleasantly arranged with antique furnishings.

It's a very well run B&B. The innkeeper, Janet, was extremely helpful. This was my first trip to Philly, and she provided me with a bunch of maps and advice to find my way around. She really went the extra mile to make sure my stay was comfortable.

The breakfast was outstanding. Every morning, there was a loaf of fresh bread in the dining room. Fresh fruit, milk & cereal, yoghurt, and pastries made for a pretty satisfying start to each day. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Adam T
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The host was very accommodating and kind. The property is just as wonderful. Very pricey in my opinion, but all my needs were met. For those needing to take the USMLE Step 2 CS Exam, this B&B is about 0.5 miles from the testing centers. I recommend this location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business