“Great find”

Neighbourhood: City Center West
Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
“Great find”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Amazing, family run Egyptian Mediterranean Restaurant. The service was unbeatable, the food incredibly delicious, the ambiance great and the bill reasonable. We will definitely return when we are next in Philadelphia

Visited July 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A place for hummus if you must!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Aya's Cafe is located in the Logan Square area of Center City Philadelphia. It is metered street parking only, with very little availability of spots because residents of the area also park in the streets. It is not wheelchair accessible. Forget about having a private conversation here because tables are arranged so close to each other that you can clearly hear what the occupants of the next table are talking about. The server who also functions as the hostess greeted us warmly and sat us immediately. The Trio Hummus that we started out with tasted fresh and seasoned just right. It is initially served with only a handful of pita bread, but they will give you more at no additional cost to you if you ask. The Chicken and Beef Dinner Kebobs where tender and juicy. They were not overdone at all. All in all, it was a satisfying meal. The only thing I want to bring up is they automatically add on 20% gratuity to your bill. I will understand if they do this to a party of 5 or more. But for a party of 2, I feel that is not necessary. It was ok in our case because we had no problem with the service. But if we had a different experience, I would not be giving a 20% tip. This is a BYOB establishment.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank pinaylady65
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Eat the Vegetarian Musakka... right NOW.”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I will go to Aya's OVER and OVER again because of the Vegetarian Musakka. I'm not a vegetarian, but wasn't in the mood for a meat sauce.

Sauteed Eggplant. Raisins, Almonds, Bachamel (This milk/flour/cream/cheese sauce), Wonderfully and aromatically spiced, piping hot... So. Very. Delicious. The sweet and savory come together flawlessly and subtly. There's plenty in one serving for two, however you would have no trouble finishing it yourself... because it's so good.

Ok, I want more. Now.

They also make Turkish coffee! Just be careful there's more caffeine in turkish coffee then a double espresso!

It's a quaint, comfortable BYOB that's relaxed and casual (although you could come dressed up and feel totally fine!)

• Visited March 2014
Broomall, Pennsylvania
“sensory encounter”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My partner and I enjoyed a wonderful three course meal at this romantic hideway near the museums in Philadelphia. From the fresh, well mixed salad to the tasteful Mediterranean entrees to the rich, tempting deserts, each course reinforced our wise decision to sample. Complement the $25 weekday specials with your bottle of choice and you cant go wrong.

• Visited November 2013
“Quaint BYOB”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I first learned of Aya's Possibly 7yrs ago about. I fell in love. It's a quaint BYOB tucked in Logan Square. I have always ejoyed their food and taking my friends there.

• Visited October 2013