“Don't go with a large party - bad experience”
Review of Day By Day

Day By Day
Ranked #510 of 4,484 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: City Center West
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was visiting my daughter and we went to Day By Day for the Sunday brunch. My daughter had happily eaten there so we were expecting a wonderful time. Unfortunately, the restaurant managed to totally foil our plans. Granted we had a large (8 person) group, but we were told that if we walked the neighborhood they would text us within approximately 40 minutes.

We were delighted when we got a text after 20 minutes, but when we got to the restaurant were told the text was a mistake, just a few minutes more....

Well over an hour and a half later (on top of the 1/2 hour already passed), still no tables, and given the inept hostessing/managing we had had it and moved on.

1  Thank John D

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Lots of daily specials provide variety to the basic but delicious menu. Salad dressings taste home made; cakes and other desserts are excellent and definitely factor produced. This place is not fancy or fussy. It is solid, well prepared food with very reasonable prices.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Day by Day is a no frills lunch (weekdays) brunch (weekends) restaurant that serves really good, freshly prepared food. I've eaten here at lunch but recently went for brunch and was not disappointed. I've never had anything that wasn't delicious and will be back.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Plain atmosphere but delicious brunch. Stuffed French toast was huge. My breakfast sandwich (eggs, bacon, cheese over croissant with potatoes and fruit on side) was also a nice size and very good. Coffee hit the spot. And the staff was attentive without being all over you. Plus the prices were quite reasonable. A win- win.

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We were promptly seated for Saturday brunch about noon. Our server initially was pleasant but not thorough. The brunch menu was extensive with lots of choices. Looking around, it appeared we were in for a treat. After a long wait, our food appeared out from under a heat lamp. The Eggs Florentine were perfectly cooked poached eggs over non-seasoned stringy spinach. The side breakfast potatoes were so over cooked, a fork could not puncture them. The biscuit was hard on the outside, not flakey, and dense inside. The Eggs Benedict were excellent but could have used more hollandaise. Again, the poached eggs were perfect. I've always thought there was no way to cook a potato that I wouldn't love, until I was served these. I should have ordered the huevos rancheros.

2  Thank Layne O