“Café con Leche and Skillet Biscuit w/ Gravy”

La Colombe Coffee Roasters
Ranked #8 of 185 Coffee & Tea in Philadelphia
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My big brother was up from Miami and wanted a Cafe con Leche equal to what he is used to drinking for breakfast. Well he is a bit eccentric but the barista gave what he wanted and he was happy como un lechón. Next we both ate the skillet breakfast with a very good cheddar biscuit nicely covered with a flavorful gravy and not too thickened with flour. A couple of nice sized bacon slices and fried eggs. The skillet came out sizzling which is how I prefer the food. My brother gave me a complement for the selection. A good visit here for us.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

La Colombe is a Philly institution, a young one, but still an institution. They have a great selection of coffee and so pretty good food options.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

I took my family and friends here on a Saturday morning for breakfast. It is located on a busy street and parking is challenging. You may have to drive around the block a few times. Once you step inside the outside world melts away. It is a big space and rustic. There was a line to order and it moved quickly. It goes through their souvenir area. I was here for their great coffee and was not disappointed. After you order, you find an open table to sit with your number and they will bring your food over. They will let you know when the beverages are ready too. You pick them up at the counter and add cream, sugar, or whatever you like. There were plenty of goodies for breakfast. My egg sandwich was delicious. I tried the cinnamon roll and it was good without being too sweet. Caution the pan is hot! Tip: Just to the right of where you get your coffee you can get a glass of water. Also, you can take your coffee up for a refill. I was told it would be a dollar but they refilled it for free. I put it in the tip jar. The staff not only brought out the food but cleared the dishes. This was nice so we could enjoy the second cup and relax. I am definitely headed back!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Very urban atmosphere and great food. Service with a smile and clean, happy environment. Staff all seemed happy doing their tasks and were very attentive to needs.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

The space is stunning when you walk in. The food is quite good, if just a bit pricey. The coffee is very good.
The only drawback was a good helping of attitude...classic coffee house tattooed barista style 'tude....but that is to be expected