“Delicious spot for lunch!”

The Couch Tomato Cafe'
Ranked #11 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Soups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Manayunk
Description: The Couch Tomato Café is your number one destination in Manayunk for gourmet pizzas & salads, known for its thin-crust NY-style pizza, as well as its large, fresh, & creative salads. Upon opening in 2003, it quickly establishing itself as the area’s leading takeout, delivery, and catering favorite, winning several accolades including “Best Pizza” by Philadelphia Magazine, and “Best Soups”by City Paper, just to name a few. It’s focus on buying local, and specialization in vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free offerings has helped make The Couch Tomato Cafe’ a popular choice!The Couch Tomato Cafés extensive menu includes:Gourmet Pizzas & CalzonesSpecialty Salads & WrapsSignature Sandwiches & PaninisHomemade Soups.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Delicious spot for lunch!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I am always satisfied with the selection, whether I want a salad or sandwich, there is a great variety. Fresh ingredients and always delicious!

Visited June 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The food here is so unbelievably scrumptious! My wife and I cant seem to get enough! The atmosphere is cozy, especially the upstairs and the staff is very friendly. This could become a regular for us

Richardson, Texas
“All around awesome”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We drove into town for this restaurant and it was definitely worth it. They have free valet parking, so you don't have to find a spot on the street. The first floor is a cafe and take-out area but upstairs on the second and third floors is an amazing sit down restaurant! Our waitress was awesome and gave us great suggestions including the peach salad and chocolate Belgium sugar waffle. The sliders are unique my favorite came with a fried egg and apple jam and of course the hamburger! This is a fantastic restaurant!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Rebecca W
York, Pennsylvania
“Fast Delivery, Decent Pizza”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The pizza arrived quickly. The delivery guy was polite. $18 something with tax for a LARGE cheese pizza. Slightly more charred crust than I like, which was a little tough. Cheese and sauce were good, though the 9 year old objected to the actual chunks of tomato in the sauce.

Not "chain" pizza. Good. Definitely not the best in Philly, but good.

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Dining Experience”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

This is a long review but it's well-deserved.

Last night was my first time here and it was phenom-nom-nomenal!!My date and I had the entire third floor to ourselves and couldn't have been happier. Our server, Phil, was prompt and helpful the whole night. Take advantage of their daily specials (Tuesdays are half-off glasses AND bottles of wine).

After we ordered our bottle of wine we were treated to complimentary, miniature tomato bisque soups with biscottis. Too much flavor to describe but it was incredibly fresh and carefully made. The perfect way to start the meal.

First we ordered 3 sliders - lobster cake, portobello and Kobe. All of them were exceptional and I could have easily unleashed my inner fat-guy but...we shared. They were all very different but they were each so good that I can't recommend one over the other.

Next we split the coconut rum shrimp. The plate comes with 4 big shrimp, 2 grilled pineapple wedges and a creamy dipping sauce. I love steaming hot food but was glad to wait for this to cool down a little. The shrimp were plump and sweet but would have preferred them to be full bodied, not butterflied. Great dish nonetheless.

After this we split the jumbo lump crab salad. We were pleasantly surprised at how much crabmeat and mango salsa chunks were in it. The dressing was light and creamy - the perfect compliment to the summertime salad. Very good.

Finally we ended with the triple chocolate mousse. Very cold, complex and filled with lots of flavors. The strawberry and wafer in the center helped tie it all together.

Overall I'd say this was the best dining experience I've had in many months. Every course was delicious in its own right and even though we didn't plan any consistency we found that the whole meal flowed nicely. I'll be returning next opportunity I get and another reminder that MNYK is a haven for fine, yet affordable, dining.

3 Thank Dude-Guzzington