“Excellent noodles and friendly waitstaff”

Nan Zhou Hand Drawn Noodle House
Ranked #121 of 4,405 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: City Center East
Neighbourhood: City Center East
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent noodles and friendly waitstaff”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We went here on a friend's recommendation and were not disappointed. It was my family's (mother-in-law, two small kids) first visit to a noodle house, and the server was very patient and precise in describing the dishes. We didn't get to watch the noodles being made as closely as we would have liked. The restaurant itself is small and clean. The noodles themselves were delicious. The soup broths were excellent, the sauces for other dishes a little more ordinary. I recommend the roast duck soup.

• Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
“Delicious Value”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This is a fantastic deal- huge bowls of noodles in broth for about $7 a bowl. Easy to walk to and lots to see in the adjacent area.

Visited April 2014
California
“Comfort Food At Its Best”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Oh how I wish CA had a place like this. While my lunch buddy had the hand pulled noodle soup with beef tendon (the best!!!), I ate the shaved noodle soup with roast pork (cha siu in CA terminology). While my soup was large in portion and great to eat on a snowy day, the beef tendon had the better broth and nice chunky pieces of tendon. If you're a tendon fan, this is the place. Personally, I haven't had tendon like that since Italy in 2010. Whether hand pulled or shaved, the noodles are definitely the star of the place and have that nice bite to it that you get when they're handmade. Originally, I was going to share 1 bowl of soup and try a stir-fry dish, but my companion had no intention of sharing and wanted a soup bowl to himself. Because we ate during the non-rush hour and on a snowy day, the crowds were non-existent. At the beginning of lunch, I asked for a slice of fresh ginger to chew on because my stomach was feeling queasy from the lurching bus ride over and the waitress readily complied asking if I needed more. For me, the waitress's concern (which from my experience is anomalous in a Chinese restaurant) bumped my rating up to 5 stars.

• Visited February 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Quick and Tasty”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Came here with a group of 4. It takes a little time to get seated during lunch but it is worth the wait. The meal comes with hot tea and there is a selection of bubble tea smoothies. The meatball soup and seafood hand drawn noodle dishes were delicious. Our colleagues who had meat noodle dishes were not as happy but still liked it and would return. This is not a location for a leisurely lunch --the noodles are the star. The dishes come out as they are ready rather than all together. This was not a problem for our group. The location is convenient to the Convention Center.

• Visited April 2014
Central Mass
“Of those hand drawn noodles!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I got the stir fried noodles, my wife got the noodles with tendon, and the daughter got the spicy noodles. They were tremendous and these type of noodles have always been a family favorite. They are from china and very judgemental on noodles. I had some meatball soup, it has nice broth and nice meatballs. I honestly couldn't say if they were beef or pork though. Service was good and was a nice roomy place

Visited March 2014