“Vegetarian-style”

Ranked #574 of 4,405 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Fort Myers, Florida
“Vegetarian-style”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I traveled to Philly for business and was not very hopefully of finding a veggie restaurant within walking distance of my hotel. Fortunately, I happened to stumble upon Govinda's. At first glance, I was hesitant to enter as it seemed to be a dive, but I was glad that I did decide to go in. They have a wide variety of sandwiches and wraps to appease most anyone. I tried the chimichanga and was very pleased with the result. The cafe is in some need of a renovation, but if you can look past that (which I did), you will be pleased with the meal.

• Visited September 2012

Denver, Colorado
“Masala”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

For a busy traveller, this is quick and easy fix. A bit spicy for me but typical for Indian joints. The place is worth a visit. Presentations are ok, service is ok. Just don't expect too much attention

Visited July 2012
Woodbridge, Virginia
“I wish that I lived closer!”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I have been to Govinda's (to Go) twice in the past 2 years and the food has not changed - which is exactly what I am happy about!

Their vegan "chicken cheese-steak" is totally flavorful and worth the trip. As a former meat eater this particular sandwich can stand-up to the real thing any day!

This is absolutely, by far, my favorite place to eat in Philly. It helps keep me on track when i'm trying to stay healthy while on vacation.

It is clear that the owners put a lot of care and love into what they do and their passion is very apparent in their food! Govinda's is seriously the best spot in town for the health conscious and especially for those eager to transition into a healthier lifestyle.

I just wish that I didn't live 3+ hours away!

• Visited March 2012
“Very slow service, good food”
Reviewed 28 May 2011

My husband and I took our two kids to eat here- we always scout out the best of the best vegetarian restaurants when we travel. The food was wonderful, but the service was so slow! It took over an hour to get our food, the waiters were never around to take our order, refill water etc. And it took 20 mins to get the check. Crazy. There was a 'to go' part of the restaurant downstairs that might have been easier, but we wanted to try their best dishes.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing Food, Good Prices, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 18 January 2011

My family and I stopped here for a couple sandwiches to go on our way home from a weekend in Philadelphia and I cannot say enough about how great the sandwiches we had were. The ONLY complaint is that it was messy to eat in the car which I would be MORE than happy to sacrifice.

Upon arrival, the man who helped me was very friendly, courteous and even told me whenever we wanted to come back with our daughter that they could accommodate her with some pureed stuff if needed also since she is 10 months! This from when I simply mentioned that my 10mo old was in the car with my wife waiting.

I ordered the pepper steak cheese steak with vegan cheese. It had so much flavor and taste you would have a hard time telling it wasn't real meat or cheese. My wife had the chicken cheese steak with mozzarella cheese. She LOVED it and still cannot stop talking about how good it was.

The food was great and I wish they would deliver to DC! I cannot wait to go back to Philly to try more food off the menu as I am sure if these were any indication it will be just as good.

• Visited January 2011