“Great food!”
Review of Govinda's

Govinda's
Ranked #595 of 4,491 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

Great vegan food. God damn good! All chicken, fish, meat items are soy products. Notice the quotes on the menu? Nice city feel. Great looking vegan desserts too!! Ask for lots of toppings on the cheesesteak. The bread is so good and can handle them.

Reviewed 6 December 2012

As an out-of-state vegetarian, I stop at Govinda's take out section every time I visit Philly. I've never been disappointed. The menu selection, variety, preparation and service are top notch. Never had an order go wrong and it's an easy place to get to and park. A lot of my non-veggie relatives in Philly go there too!

Reviewed 26 September 2012

I traveled to Philly for business and was not very hopefully of finding a veggie restaurant within walking distance of my hotel. Fortunately, I happened to stumble upon Govinda's. At first glance, I was hesitant to enter as it seemed to be a dive, but I was glad that I did decide to go in. They have a wide variety of sandwiches and wraps to appease most anyone. I tried the chimichanga and was very pleased with the result. The cafe is in some need of a renovation, but if you can look past that (which I did), you will be pleased with the meal.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

For a busy traveller, this is quick and easy fix. A bit spicy for me but typical for Indian joints. The place is worth a visit. Presentations are ok, service is ok. Just don't expect too much attention

Reviewed 21 March 2012

I have been to Govinda's (to Go) twice in the past 2 years and the food has not changed - which is exactly what I am happy about!

Their vegan "chicken cheese-steak" is totally flavorful and worth the trip. As a former meat eater this particular sandwich can stand-up to the real thing any day!

This is absolutely, by far, my favorite place to eat in Philly. It helps keep me on track when i'm trying to stay healthy while on vacation.

It is clear that the owners put a lot of care and love into what they do and their passion is very apparent in their food! Govinda's is seriously the best spot in town for the health conscious and especially for those eager to transition into a healthier lifestyle.

I just wish that I didn't live 3+ hours away!