“Good food”

Continental Mid-Town
Reserve with OpenTable
Continental Mid-Town is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 4,440 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Center West
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Went here on Mother's Day and was happily surprised. Has a very cool feel of a trendy, retro diner and the prices were very reasonable. It was nice to see a lot of the runners/walkers from the annual breast cancer walk there having lunch after all their hard work.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

stopped in on Mothers day afternoon. we were greeted and seated within 5 minutes. Service was very quick, and informative, brought our drinks and food expeditiously, although he forgot the butter for my wife's toast. I had a space age mimosa, tasted a little too much like orangina for me, and the Bananas Foster Belgian waffle, it was great. My Wife had a London iced Tea, Very yummy, and the salmon hash with poached eggs, this was also wonderful. We had a wonderful experience,and plan to return soon, this place could become one of our favorites

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The hotel is very trendy and I like the decor. I ordered the french onion soup dumplings which were just ok. The bartender wasn't very friendly either; I sat at the bar.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

5 minute wait on a Friday night around 9:PM. Service was great and fast. The menu has good pricing for the ambience and style of restaurant. Dressing is casual but fun to get dressed up as most people are. On to the food, AMAZING. Started off with the lettuce thai wraps, delicious, healthy and not to much for a starter. Entree's, had the filet which came out perfect and the sea bass which might be one of the best dishes I have ever eaten. This place is highly recommended and you can find street parking around its location which after we were close to walk to the clubs.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I visited this restaurant with my Mom. Since it was around 8pm on a Monday, there was no wait and it was not crowded. From the outside the location looks like a diner but inside is an extremely funky and relaxed atmosphere. My Mom started with wine which was good, although overall the drinks were a little pricey for what they were (i.e. mixed drinks with Smirnoff were $12+). However, the food was reasonably priced and very good. Everything comes out as ready, not as a meal. We started with a quinoa salad which was very tasty, and much much larger than expected, although very heavy on the grains. We also got a mushroom flatbread, which looked ordinary but had some sort of flavor in the oil which really made it something more special.

We ordered the Seabass entree, which came out gorgeously presented and the first few bites were fantastic before I realized the middle was completely raw. The waitress took it back without complaint, although I was a little put off by being told that the kitchen "said it was fine" when I was trying to saw through it with a knife and couldn't as it was so rubbery. However, the waitress was gracious and a new meal was delivered which was perfectly cooked, although it took quite awhile, I could cut with my fork as I would expect for Seabass, and highly recommend dish. It came with a sweet potato mash which was fantastic as well. Overall we had a very nice experience with good food and good service and if I am in the area again I would return.