“Expensive but fun experience”
Review of Melting Pot - CLOSED

Melting Pot
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: City Centre East
Cross street: Between 12th & 13th
Transit: Reading Terminal
Description: Introducing FonDONE Our new selection of chef-prepared, grilled-to-perfection entrées served with a pot of warm fondue-style dipping sauces. You decide: Cook your entrée yourself the traditional way, or cut to the taste with FonDONE.
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I Went with four other women on a Sunday evening for dinner, no reservations, short wait. Our waitress was very helpful as only 2 of us had previously been to a Melting Pot. She took us step by step through the meal and was willing to pleasantly tolerate our cluelessness and endless questions. his is a great place for a relaxed meal if you want to take some risks, enjoy trying something new.
I ordered dinner with only water as a beverage and with tip my bill was $50. So it's not cheap, but for the experience and friendship it was worth it. You can do desert only. The restaurant is kind of dim lighting, but that may be the norm for these restaurants.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

We had show tickets and went here beforehand. Our show started at 8. I made reservations for 5:30. My husband arrived a half hour late so honestly, I felt rushed. Our waiter was wonderful. He told us the whole process usually takes 2 hours. He helped us along. The food is good. It is expensive. We both had the 4 course meal but skipped the salad due to time constraints. It's a nice thing to do for a splurge. We may go back but not sure about dinner. I'm not sure how I feel about paying for an expensive meal only to have to cook it myself. I would definitely go back for dessert.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

You have to want to spend 2 hours, and to manage cooking your on food to enjoy this place. We had the fondue to start - it was yummy, and the salads were OK - I had the vegetable meal and she had the 3 seafood choice - lots of food for 2 - and had the dark chocolate dessert. Definitely a place for a special occasion, or a good place to take a date to see each others' food phobias and fetishes!! Everything was tasty....

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We went to the Melting Pot for my birthday, they just redid their menu which I love even more now! The food was great, but the service seemed a little slow, it took 2 hours overall for dinner service, which is long even for the Melting Pot. Sign up for their newsletter and you will get perks for your birthday/anniversary and general promos.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Just not our style- double dipping into oil and chocolate is just not what we like. The food is Ok- chain restaurant. It is what it is