“Not recommend for long stay or families with children”

Days Inn Philadelphia - Roosevelt Boulevard
Ranked #78 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
“Not recommend for long stay or families with children”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Bed was comfortable for a short visit only, though one blanket on bed had gum stuck too it. The breakfast was very minimal at best, would have preferred more options. No iron or ironing board as advertised. Service can have been better regarding check in and check out. Also had issue with room key at one point. Also was surprised that there was only stair access to top floors, no elevator?

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
harrypatel4200, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Philadelphia - Roosevelt Boulevard, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
We are extremely apologetic for your bad experience, and hope to be able to make it up to you.

daily we make sure everything is clean, tidy, and consistent. We spend time each day making sure our rooms are cleaned, We would like to invite you back at a 20% discounted rate next time you are in town.

Please bring a print out of this review .

Once again we are very sorry for the issue you faced at our hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Room and bathroom were clean but they and overall facility were definitely dated and in need of renovation. I was ok with it but my wife was not.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

harrypatel4200, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Philadelphia - Roosevelt Boulevard, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize that you felt that our hotel was dated, We are always keen on improving our hotel and we are doing our best to upgrade sections at a time when the requirements arise by our franchise, We appreciate you pointing out the cleanliness of our room and bathroom area.

We hope to see you again soon!
Philadelphia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Room was like a box though pretty clean BUT the Hotel staff was not accomodating when my key failed 3 times and kept failing through out my 5 day stay. The clientele seemed a bit on the rough side. some of the employees were NOT helpful at all. I'm former LP Supervisor at a Major Hotel so I know how biz is run. They told me there were no taxi service to theFlyers game! I;m like in all Philly? Til the manager stepped in and I Had a decent towncar driver who made the trip better. But I'm Never staying there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

2 Thank Judith B
Dear Valued guest,

I am very sorry that you did not feel that our hotel was up to your standards. We will work diligently on correcting the concerns you had at our property and we hope that you can give us one more try and we will be sure to meet your needs.
York, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I travel throughout the Northeast and have stayed in many fine hotels, but this one should be shut down! When I arrived the desk clerk ignored me and when I finally got his attention he said "O' I thought you were one of the workers"....really...I dont think so.When I got to the room there was no coffee maker and the room looked shabby, the bed, which was ok to sleep on was the best part of the room. An old TV but the remote worked. The carpet looked as it has been in there for decades. There was the old smell of reefer in the halls and the window curtains came down across the AC unit so the AC blew into the curtains first. There were lowlifes in the parking lot and lobby and a couple of hookers outside. Surprisingly the wake up call rang at 530 as I requested but when I went down for "breakfast" all they had was bread, cereal and coffee. The Days Inn in Wilmington had eggs, bagels, home fries...a breakfast. I had a piece of bread and watered down coffee as I walked out the door. When I came back for the second night my room had not been touched in 8 hours. I then went downstairs to talk to the room clerk and he said housekeeping will get to it when they get to it. In addition he said that the days inn was a franchise so they could do what they wanted. And this guy works as a desk clerk. I did get a coffee maker and was told the guests steal them so they dont put them in the rooms any more. I called Wyndham and filed a complaint...the Days Inn charged my company $206 for two nights...NOT WORTH THE PRICE!!!!! The only thing I can say good about the hotel is the housekeeping, they were friendly and helpful. They even told me this is the way the hotel runs the place and they dont care about the guests..they want the $$$$$. How about a response from the owner of the hotel with solid answers to fixing the problems associated with the place? Ive stayed in good mom and pop motels around the country for $30 a night that gave excellent service, there has to be something that can be done to fix it.....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank trainman4988
harrypatel4200, Director of Sales at Days Inn Philadelphia - Roosevelt Boulevard, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Valued guest,