“You get what you pay for!”

Days Inn Philadelphia - Roosevelt Boulevard
Ranked #77 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
“You get what you pay for!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel was used as a Park and Fly deal. My cousin and I stayed over night in June 2014 to leave a 4:30am for a flight out of PHL. The deal was you can keep your car there for the time included in the rate of the overnight stay. Great... we thought. Here is my list of pro's and con's to this hotel.

Con's:
The Smell - The room smelled like mildew and wet fabric. The hallway smelled like old ciggaretts and urine. The elevator smelled like the hallway old ciggaretts and urine.
The Air Conditioning - The air conditioner was right under the window (like most hotels), the difference is this hotel's curtains came down past the vents so all the cold air stayed behind the curtin. The vents have not been cleaned in it looks like years. And there was a strange smell coming out of the Airconditioner.
The Bed's - It was like sleeping on rocks, the hardest bed ever and the pillows were hard and lumpy
The Bathroom - The tub was nice, it was very deep (i would never do anything but stand in it), It was also very full of hair. The whole bathroom was full of hair. The bathroom was VERY small and no fan/vent for the moisture. (which is the reason for the room being so full of moisture).
The airport shuttle - Leaving wasn't so bad except we had to wait 15 min later than we were told. Picking us up from the airport was a different story. We tried calling for about 30 min before someone picked up the phone. Then was told that the van would be there in 5 min MAX, 20 min later the shuttle showed up.
The area - About every hour there were cops flying by the hotel with sirens going. Needless to say this is not a very safe area.

Pro's:
5-10 min away from the airport.
My tires were still on my car when we returned.

All in all, I would not stay here again. I would either stay at a different place that includes parking, or I would stay further away and park at the airport.

Our 6 hour stay was 6 hours too long!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ChrisandMorgan
Guest_relations2k, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Philadelphia - Roosevelt Boulevard, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize about our hotel not meeting your standards. We hope that you will give our hotel another chance. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly if there is something I can do to rectify this situation.. Once again we highly apologize for not meeting your standards.

Guest relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I spent a weekend here courtesy of my family for a weekend in my favorite football town. Upon arriving our reservations were messed up because it was paid for by guests at our wedding. They made up for it by contacting them (they were over 400 miles away) and set us up the way it should have been. During my time here, the place was as nice as I expected, but I was let down that the room was only accessible via the stairs. We had to lug everything up and down as we arrived and left. The 'iron' that they said they had did not exist, and when we asked, it was as I'd it was an inconvenience. We went to the Eagles game like we intended to, only to get locked out of our room (key issues). While we come back In September, I think we will just spring extra cash and find a new hotel. Everything else was fine (the bed was surprisingly great along with everything else). The food was great, so i was surprised, happy about that. But I'll think twice before staying here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Samantha P
Guest_relations2k, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Philadelphia - Roosevelt Boulevard, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

It is certainly not our intention to have a guest unsatisfied with their stay to this extent, We are highly sorry for this issue you faced at our property , We spend ample time daily to make sure each room is thoroughly cleaned and that there is nothing missed while cleaning the room. we do apologize about the reservation mix-up during check inn, And we also apologize about not having a elevator next time we will do our best to accommodate you on the first floor.

Management
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed 6 nights here on business in mid-June 2014. I honestly don't understand what other's people's expectations are of this Days Inn location. This is not a 5-star hotel and don't expect it to be with it's bathrobes and chocolates on pillows. And for those not from the area (I grew up in the Philadelphia suburbs for 16 years), do your homework in terms of location and expectations.

For me, I got what I paid for and my expectations matched exactly what I expected. For me, rooms were clean, bathroom was clean and had the basic amenities (hairdryer, outlet, shampoo, soap, towels). I was actually impressed with the selection of cable channels they had; good selection. They offered a simple continental breakfast. Location is in North Philly; which is actually a very strategic location...20 minutes easy drive south into downtown Philadelphia, 20 minutes easy drive into the Main Line (suburbs), and 10 minutes launching point to anywhere into New Jersey. The front office staff (while not exactly all smiles) were courteous as can be expected at a motel, efficient, and no-hassles. Housekeeping was kind and said good morning to me each day; more than what I can say for some other places. Location is also an easy walk to IHOP or pizzeria or convenience/gas station next door, or a very short drive to box retailers, pharmacies, and supermarkets. All the things a simple traveler would need.

That said...just like with any hotel or motel, there will be faults and improvements needed to be made. For me, the pillows provided were a bit lumpy. They gave about 5 total in the room and all of them were lumpy. But, they were doable. The only major gripe for me (as I work a lot from the computer), the Internet is terribly slow and the cell network from the room was absolutely atrocious. This is most likely due to the older construction materials used in the building construction and possibly I could have had a bad dead zone coverage nearby. But the Internet definitely needs to be improved; it's too slow and goes in and out all the time. So, if you're expecting to do any sort of work...don't expect much.

While I mentioned that the location is strategic especially for a business travel in the area, it can also be a concern for tourists who don't know the area. North Philly (where this particular Days Inn is), is one of the more higher crime rates in the Philadelphia area (yes, I looked it up and I know it from my years living in the greater Philly area as well). I'm not saying you need bodyguards or whatever (there's plenty of police patrols), but don't be stupid by walking around with a little baby at 2am in the morning and thinking you're not putting yourself in jeopardy. Be smart and just be aware of your surroundings and you'll be fine. Yes, there are definitely some sketchy "looking" people who stay here (as proven by the bullet proof glass at the front desk), but I didn't feel threatened by them or anything.

Overall...for what you pay for, it's fine. I'm disappointed by the poor internet service as even cheaper places have better Internet services. But, that's not an issue if you're not using it.

Room Tip: There's only one in/out exit/entrance. So, get a room on the first floor (no side entrances/exi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
harrypatel4200, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Philadelphia - Roosevelt Boulevard, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
We are extremely apologetic for your bad experience, and hope to be able to make it up to you.

daily we make sure everything is clean, tidy, and consistent. We spend time each day making sure our rooms are cleaned, We would like to invite you back at a 20% discounted rate next time you are in town.

Please bring a print out of this review .

Once again we are very sorry for the issue you faced at our hotel
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Bed was comfortable for a short visit only, though one blanket on bed had gum stuck too it. The breakfast was very minimal at best, would have preferred more options. No iron or ironing board as advertised. Service can have been better regarding check in and check out. Also had issue with room key at one point. Also was surprised that there was only stair access to top floors, no elevator?

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
harrypatel4200, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Philadelphia - Roosevelt Boulevard, responded to this review, 17 June 2014

Please bring a print out of this review .

Once again we are very sorry for the issue you faced at our hotel
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Room and bathroom were clean but they and overall facility were definitely dated and in need of renovation. I was ok with it but my wife was not.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

harrypatel4200, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Philadelphia - Roosevelt Boulevard, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize that you felt that our hotel was dated, We are always keen on improving our hotel and we are doing our best to upgrade sections at a time when the requirements arise by our franchise, We appreciate you pointing out the cleanliness of our room and bathroom area.

We hope to see you again soon!