“Nice hotel, but service is lacking”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #43 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
New York City, New York
“Nice hotel, but service is lacking”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is a nice hotel and served its purpose for my business trip. The service could/should be better and I've come to expect a level of service at Embassy Suites which was not met here. I had reserved a non-smoking room and when I checked in and went to my room, it smelled like a smoking room. I went to the front desk to ask if I might have been checked into a smoking room by mistake and the only thing the front desk clerk said was that sometimes people break the rules. I actually had to ask to have my room switched! Other than that and having to have my key reprogrammed at least 3 times to work the parking gate, the rest of the stay was fine. If in this area again for business, I would stay and hope to receive better service.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. I am sorry for any unpleasant odor you experienced and the level of service that you should have expected and we take pride in delivering. I also apologize for the key issues you experienced. Our mission at Embassy Suites is to deliver exceptional hospitality and I am disappointed to hear that we failed to achieve this during your stay.

Thank you again for your thoughtful feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to regain your faith in us on a future visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Maintenance not only once, but TWICE tried to enter my room without knocking and using their key. I was shocked! I reported a broken cabinet and requested any work be completed by 1-2pm as I would be returning. Upon return, the cabinet was still broken, so I figured they did have time to get to it. To my horror, the door sounded like it was being torn off the hinges, No knock,,, nothing, I waited(thank goodness flip lock was engaged or they would have surely entered). I was terrified and started toward the door when again the door was being forcefully pushed only the flip lock preventing entry. I looked out the window to see a worker standing at my door. I called out and he was visibly startled by my voice. He apologized and STILL asked to enter the room to fix the cabinet. I told him no. I called the front desk immediately. The response I received was "they didn't know you were there in the room"..... What? Are you kidding me? So because it was 2-3 pm I should not be in the room and they don't need to knock? I was livid the tables were turned for them to say I should have not been in the room I paid for.... What's wrong with knocking?
The creamer was chunky. I have no idea what the shelf life is, but these were well past prime. Rooms were smelly and dirty. Service was non-existent. Location is undesirable. Best I can say is I did not see any bugs in my room.
Unfortunate as Embassy Suites have better reputations. Short of an overhaul and change of ownership, I will not stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not exceptional. We take pride in our efforts to provide the very best in hospitality. Please accept my apologies for the unacceptable behavior by our hotel staff that disturbed you. We take great care in training our team on proper guest service and communication and I am sorry that this was not practiced as required. I am also dismayed that your suite was not up to our and your high standards. I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with my management team so that we can learn from this and improve upon our hospitality execution.

Thank you again for your candid feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs.
Newbury Park, California
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This was chosen by a committee - I would recommend for one night stays not longer - too far from downtown Philadelphia - $30 each way by taxi to go see the Liberty Bell area. Limited on restaurants available by the hotel also. The breakfast is good except for the omelets - made on a stovetop - so very flat and no flavor. Pool out of the way to use for most guests - need to walk through the lobby area to get to pool. Exercise room below the rooms so easy access. Internet has a fee so use the business office - no privacy there since it is by the registration desk. My room was by the parking lot and noisy - could hear folks coming and going all night. Bus to and from airport available - make sure you make your reservation for it when you get there otherwise you need to wait a few trips.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from main parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not exceptional. We take pride in our efforts to provide the very best in hospitality. I am sorry that our location did not work out better for you and for the noise in our parking facilities.

Thank you again for your feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs.
PA
Reviewed 12 September 2013

After visiting our daughter in Philly, we stayed here for our early morning flight to New Orleans. The location was very convenient to the airport with good shuttle service. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was large and clean. I thought the value was very good considering the included parking, breakfast, and cocktail reception.

Tips: the atrium area was chilly. We were glad we had brought sweatshirts along during the reception. Also, while the breakfast line for the hot foods was quite long, you could walk right up for coffee, cereal, bagles, and the like, with no wait.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, our Airport shuttle service, our friendly staff, clean spacious suites, and the great value you receive at Embassy Suites!

Thank you again for your thoughtful feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We hope that you visit us again soon!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Only one night and enjoyed complimentary manager's reception and next morning's tasty/good variety of offerings breakfast. All hotel staff dealt with were terrific; helpful, hospitable, personable. Suite had stained carpeting, a little tired furnishings and truly filthy windows/slider track. Got what I paid for; went for least expensive online and paid in advance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Springfield, VA, United States
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Hotel conveniently located with easy access to Interstate 95. Great atmosphere and outstanding, professional, and courteous staff. Ample parking and shuttle bus available for nearby businesses and the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport and for your 5 Star Review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, convenient location and relaxing atmosphere.

Thank you again for your gracious feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We will be honored to host your return engagement.
Orchard Park, New York
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The room was clean and good sized. The breakfast was nice, but really busy on the weekends. The pool area was really cold and made it uncomfortable to enjoy the pool & hot tub. The open atrium area in the hotel made me really happy our room was off a little hallway and not directly in the atrium. The whole atrium area was kept pretty cool as well.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your clean and spacious guest suite and pleasing atrium environment. I apologize for the cool temperature in our pool and atrium space.