“Top Notch Hotel at a Reasonable Price” 5 of 5 bubbles

Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Center City
Ranked #46 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Woodside, United States
“Top Notch Hotel at a Reasonable Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

The Embassy Suites in City Center, Philadelphia, is in a perfect location for sight seeing and is ten minutes away from the Convention Center. The staff at the Embassy Suites are friendly, helpful and the suite is larger than my first apartment! Breakfast included made to order omlettes or eggs buffet, along with a full selection of fresh fruit, cereal and donuts. I recommend the Embassy Suites.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Elkton, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Hotel is located in a prime location for walking to several wonderful museums in the Philadelphia area. We spent a long weekend attending the Made in America Festival and the hotel was surprisingly quiet. Our family felt safe walking in the area of the hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean. Our hot breakfast was included, but could have been skipped - the potatoes and sausage were completely inedible, but I believe that was the fault of TGI Friday's that was connected to Embassy Suites. Hotel staff was very friendly and very helpful. Valet parking underneath hotel was convenient. Would definitely plan on staying there again, but would just skip breakfast.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite that was huge! Two double beds and a fold out double couch.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Overall, a clean and moderately quiet property (given its location). Front desk staff were moderately friendly/helpful. Breakfast is above average, with a good variety, and convenience. The only minor issue is that the WiFi in the room costs extra, but is free in the lobby area (with a pass-code). But, overall, a good value. I would recommend this Embassy suites, if you stay/stop in Philadelphia, with one caveat mentioned below.

A note to the property management: Perhaps this property needs to be a bit more discerning regarding some of the patrons whom they allow to stay (I noticed that on a Saturday that this property was being used by some who treat the rooms solely as "party rooms" for one night). This was confirmed by my speaking with (and observing) the housekeeping staff who was cleaning up a real mess of a room that was, according to the staff, a party room that night before. Moreover, some of the patrons, on a Saturday night, were blatantly intoxicated (and loud/rude) as they rode the elevators with other guests. I saw no presence of hotel security. Not a good a environment/image for families (if you also want to cater to families).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank pan080
Rodney G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Center City, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for staying with us here at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia. We appreciate your feed back and thank you for recognizing the staff. We are predominately a corporate hotel during the week and a good mix of visitors over the weekends and summer. We do have security officers that patrol the property to ensure the safety of our guest and they are always available to assist if called. Our goal is to ensure that all of our guest enjoy their stay with us wither it's for business or pleasure, we're just excited that they choose our wonderful hotel for their lodging needs. Thank you again for your valuable feed back.
san diego, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I was checked out unexpectedly by someone in the hotel. The maintenance came by to clean my room and said that my room was checked in her records as vacant. She did nothing to ensure the error was corrected. I had to come down and check myself back in. It took approximately half an hour to fix it, and took away my time that I could spend getting to public transportation. I felt like I was unwanted at the hotel. However, the guy at the front desk took care of it and apologized many times to me. I understand that we are humans and errors happen beyond our control, but the housekeeping staff did nothing to help me, and it led me to conclude that she did not care at all. I don't know anyone in the city, so if I wasn't in the room at the time, I would not have known of the error and could have been left on the street, looking for any vacancy.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for submitting your comments regarding the Embassy Suites Philadelphia hotel. I am so very sorry we made you feel unwanted, truly not the case. I am disappointed we did not exceed our normal level of service that would have prevented you from wasting time at the front desk, please accept my sincere apology. We have reiterated our steps of service with the housekeeping staff should this kind of situation occur in the future to ensure this does not happen to another valued guest. I am glad we were able to resolve the issue and you were able to continue your stay with us. Again, please accept my apology and we hope that you'll return soon. Warmest regards.
Phildelphia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

The staff was more than helpful. The room had several cleanliness and maintenance oversights. The odor was not inviting. A plastic bag over the smoke detector was missed, must had been a smoker in the non-smoking room. After I turned on the water with a broken faucet handle, I discovered the tub was so clogged that I had to stand in several inches of water filled with hair shavings. The kitchen faucet also in disrepair.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for staying at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia hotel. We truly appreciate your feed back regarding the deficiencies in the room and please accept my apologies. We were able to locate the room you mention and preventive maintenance has been preformed. The cleanliness issues you've mention are unacceptable and are being addressed. Thank you for your valuable feed back and we hope that this incident will detour you from coming back when in the Philadelphia area. Looking forward seeing you again.
Port Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

This Embassy Suites was very nice. Room was clean and staff was very accommodating. Restaurant was a TGIF so that was very convenient. Cooked breakfast was included and featured custom omelets and a good spread. Really great value.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Woodmere NY, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

I have stayed at thsi hotel over 150 times in the last year. The service is excellent it just like staying at home. The free breakfast is a plus and the staff attention to detail is another reason I stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business